Gascolator- is it a fuel drain?

2 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

A good test to do now Danny is measure your unusable fuel. Pump all the fuel out of the tank with the boost pump and then catch the remaining fuel from the two tank drains. Always good to know this.

Yes, this is great advice. Maybe not today, but before it gets flying 🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

Yeah, I did try to stick a fuel drain in the bung last week thinking "surely that hole means something". But I borrowed someone's fuel drain, with a plastic pin. It's so old it was just bending. But it worked in the gascolator. But now I have a new fuel tester so just for shits and giggles tried it. Waddaya know 🙂

I feel bad for bending the other guys fuel drain so I bought him a new one too. 

You need one of these.

05-17300.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Would you believe I just found one in the hangar 😄

But I like the long tubey ones. Doubles as screwdriver for the cowl, and long and tall means it's easier to see water in it. The new one works well. Best would be long tubey one with a steel pin 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

But I like the long tubey ones. Doubles as screwdriver for the cowl, and long and tall means it's easier to see water in it. The new one works well. Best would be long tubey one with a steel pin 🙂

Yep, that's the tube one I mentioned, but the image one is best.  Just get one next time you order something, consider two so you have one in plane for away trips.  Ian has them in store.

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

Especially the steel pin - the plastic type are not sufficiently robust.

Edited by skippydiesel
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blueadventures said:

Yep, that's the tube one I mentioned, but the image one is best.  Just get one next time you order something, consider two so you have one in plane for away trips.  Ian has them in store.

I already bought a long tubey one from Clear Prop. But if the plastic pin goes on it I'll either "borrow" the cup I found, else fit a steel pin to my tubey one 🙂

• Like 2