Destination Ballarat

Matt

Well we made the long journey...all 20 minutes of it...across to Ballarat today and met another forum member in person (Derek aka Decca) and met up with another we'd met at Camden Haven last year (Nev aka Facthunter). I must say that Derek is looking very well and is in great spirits and Nev was in fine story telling form as always.

After a spot of lunch and a cuppa it was time to make good on an offer to take Derek for a flight in the CT4. After strapping in it was time to get airborne and see some of the local sights around Ballarat...including a trip to Snake Valley to see Derek's farm and then a bit of fun over "lake" Burrumbeet showing Derek some of the capabilities and handling of the CT4 which included some wing overs, steep turns, various stalls and returning to Ballarat for a few circuits. Derek got some time on the controls and took care of most of the radio calls in the circuit area and was spot on with identifying traffic in and around the circuit area.

It was a great afternoon and we really enjoyed our time at Ballarat with Derek and Nev and the many other folks we met today...too many names to remember I'm afraid. I'm glad I could share my passion and "pride and joy" with another appreciative passenger and got great pleasure out of Derek's obvious enjoyment.

Here's some pics from the day from our ever present photographer Kaz

Guest Decca

Great report Matt. Great photos Kaz. It was like I was actually there myself.

Really, what a buzz. If ever you get the opportunity, take it, but I hope you don't have to go through what I have to be offered - I'm sure you don't.

Thank you Guys, you're a wonderful couple, and thanks for keeping the dream alive.

Derek (aka Decca).

Thanks again for the slow wing wave departing overhead.

Fantastic guys - your posts have made me smile :) and I feel warm and fuzzy all over 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif (could be the milo though). :big_grin:

Derek - you do look well - (must be all that clean air you get whilst flying) :thumb_up:

Matt and Kaz I have as yet not had the pleasure of meeting you. Soon I hope. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Maybe at the Wentworth flyin next week? :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

regards

looking good...

I was at ballarat yesterday and had the pleasure of watching it all happen from afar, (i was to busy getting psyched up for (first solo)... 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif . the CT-4 looks like she has been flown all over the place 100 times which is what gives it its great charecter. not a bad little airplane for aluminium :big_grin: . yep derek you are looking well and agree the ballarat air is doing you good :) .

matt do you have a complete log of the aircraft ? if so i would love to have a look sometime. would be great to see where an aircraft like to CT-4 has been.

I'd like to second Deskpilots remarks.

Matt/Kaz, good onya guys. :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Decca/Derek, great to put a face to the name at last. ( I have e few spare razors if you'd like one, so we can see you even better).

Great to see you enjoying yourself up where you want to be mate.

I start my "glow in the dark" stuff tommorow, so if i'm off line for a while, don't worry.

(The Devil looks after his own:devil::devil::devil: hopefully)

Rgds Alan

Really good to put faces to names and great to see Decca looking so well. Don't take up the offer of razor blades, they are a sign of vanity in my opinion, or maybe the lack of them is a sign of laziness, whichever way, man was not meant to shave.

Really good to put faces to names.

Ian, I have to agree it is great when you meet a forum member in person. We met a few of the guys at Ballarat and another forum member back at Penfield when we landed... my apologies for the memory lapse... Tim?

Thanks Decca for coming out to meet us, for the awesome cheeseburger :big_grin: and for the trip to the museum. Allan had some great stories and the stuff he has collected it great!

Great to see you again Nev, now we know you are practically a neighbour I hope we can catch up again soon.

Guest Decca

Isn’t she gorgeous? It’s no wonder Matt was attracted to her.

As for all you other GUYS I thought my facial hair was trimmed fit for a princess, but I met a queen. Oh stop it Derek!

As for you Planedriver, I hope they don’t take the razor where you’re not going to like it. I’ve been thinking of you, I knew your day of reckoning was tomorrow, & I hope you don’t have to fast for too long! Alan I shall be on the forum all night, I shall be home alone waiting for the West Indian cricket to start on ABC, so let me know how you feel either publicly or privately, I’m here for you!!

I agree with Ian, razors are the scourge of mankind.

Give me a hug BigPete, Milo’s my favourite too!

Doug pity the face isn’t as youthful & handsome as Matt’s.

Ferret - aluminium is the ONLY way to go! Congrats on your solo flight!!

Regards all, Decca