Avgas price enroute

quentas

$1.61 plus $10.00 opening fee at Cobar Monday. Only 55 lts so cost was no change really from the usual $2.00 plus that we are used to.

Thanks for the help from the members that helped with the Nav to Caloundra, all went to plan.-

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

avgas price

hi all

i am going on a trip up north middle april does any body have fuel prices for the following strips ybke ybcv ylre yccy yaml any input most welcome

thanks all keith

avgas price

thanks les

looks like i had better get a shell and mobil card as i all ready have a bp can any one tell me where to get the above mention cards thanks again les

keith

Fuel cards

Keith,

What I did was contacted Skyfuel online.They give you all 3 Mobil,Shell and BP at no cost to you.You get one account monthly from them.Very convenient especially as there are so many self serve pumps nowdays.I'm sure there are other firms that issue cards as well.I've been happy with Skyfuel.

regards,

Les

Yep - that's what I was going to suggest. Skyfuel are awesome. As well as those 3, you can also get an Aero Refueller's card from Skyfuel. This mob have taken over a lot of the pumps in NSW. I use it more than the others.

I have an auto-debit arrangement with Skyfuel, so I get bills, but I don't have to worry about paying them.

They also sent a lovely card when Mum died. They care.

• 3 years later...

This thread hasn't been active for a while. Can anyone provide more recent outback AVGAS prices? I'm interested in Bedourie, Birdsville, Bourke, Broken Hill, Longreach, Tibooburra, and Windorah, but any others in the region, particularly if cheaper than the above, might be helpful.

Thx

Ron

This thread hasn't been active for a while. Can anyone provide more recent outback AVGAS prices? I'm interested in Bedourie, Birdsville, Bourke, Broken Hill, Longreach, Tibooburra, and Windorah, but any others in the region, particularly if cheaper than the above, might be helpful.Thx

Ron

Prices for a gas at the places you mention are all around $2.30 to $2.40 ltr.

I don't worry about prices in the out back, they deserve a fair price for just being there.

Tibooburra could be more expensive due to call out fee

• Agree 1

Thanks Phil. I don't disagree about asking/paying a fair price. I expected a bigger variation over that range of airports.

Rong

You never mentioned William Creek or Oondadatta where a premium price is justified ??? Take your check book there.

Hi Compulsion,

Thanks for the contact. I flew up to the Sunshine Coast last week for a month of libation, surf, debauchery and golf.

The guys at Loxton usually have a BBQ Sunday's, with an permanent lunch date every third Sunday of the month. This coincides with Renmark Breakfast on the same day.

The bird scarers will be using the airways for a few weeks yet. They are very good and work below 500' radio contact to avoid conflict.

Council have just regraded 08/26 17/35 was very rough when I left. Guess that they are waiting for rain.

No issues flying in. ctaf code on rear clubhouse door. Cold drinks, coffee etc

Cheers

Phil.

• 5 months later...

Update on AVGAS prices from a trip completed July, 2013 (+ indicates landing fee on top):

Bedourie 2.80

Birdsville 3.15

Bourke 2.67

Cobar 2.39 +

Deniliquin 2.29

Longreach 2.31 +

Mangalore 2.14 +

Moorabbin 2.11 +

Thargomindah 2.40

White Cliffs 2.75

Windorah 2.30

Ron

• Informative 1

Windorah looks the go for anyone headed to Birdsville for the races (from coastal Qld at least). Can't see the justification for an extra 85 cents per litre for the extra 400km transport to Birdsville.

Particularly when Bedourie (further) can do it for $2.80. I was also disappointed that Birdsville has lost it's character. Fantastic strips, but security cyclone fence around the whole deal, so no taxiing to the pub.

Gotta keep those outback terrorists away!