Rain, Rain and more rain.

Deskpilot

Seeing as I started this topic, thought I'd better up date you a bit. First, the wife and I did not enjoy Bali. We didn't realize that it was still a third world country. Not at all the 'lovers paradise' that it's painted.

Second, after a bout of hot weather, my back hedge has started to die. On Friday afternoon I decided to put out a sprinkler hose to see if I can revive it. Of course, being a busy man, I forgot all about it till Saturday morning when I found the back yard flooded. Even had the neighbour come knocking at my door at 8.30 as I'd water his garden as well. You know how water is as scarce as hens teeth here in SA, well all that water was in effect, wasted, as later in the afternoon we had a rain storm that flooded everything again. Our gutters couldn't handle it and were soon overflowing. Even our entertainment area was flooded. If you've experienced an Asian monsoon, you'll get the picture. Funny thing was that my mother, who lives about 10k's away, didn't get any.

Hey, guess what, it's raining again.

Hey there, after my thread a couple of weeks ago, I'm now with Deskpilot, not with the Bali trip (that's in July but not a romantic one with two mates!), but with the rain. Still nothing like the eastern states but I copped just over 10mm in about 10mins and had a bucket sitting on top of my computer. I cleaned out the gutters the next day and just as well, we copped another 31mm.

Happy Valley AWS weather

That's my weather station, this was my test to see if the rain gauge on it worked and it was very close (within 0.5mm) of my rain gauge in my front yard.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images