Rain, Rain and more rain.

Deskpilot

Hi guys.

Don't know about you but I'm fed up with all this rain. I know we need it but it's so depressing. Therefore, tomorrow I'm heading off to Bali for a bit of R & R, particularly for my wife Jenny. But guess what, we're in for a week of thunderstorms. Can't bl**dy win. Still, at least the rain will be warm. C U when we return.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 year later...

Yesterday at work, beautiful, sunny day.Looking forward to my flight this saturday morning coming for my aviation fix.Now its raining again, and forcast for the next few days.Does anybody want to take the rain from us, PLEASE.

I will swap you ten warm rains for one cold rain!!! I am melting in monsoonal Mackay. The water in our front yard is still in puddles an inch deep and it hasn't rained today... there is no where left for it to drain to. When I was flying the other week my instructor commented that it the local area is more like Asia then Central Qld... We even lined up on a road to do a simulated approach... until we realized it was not a road but water.

P.S. Did I mention the mosquito plague?

I will swap you ten warm rains for one cold rain!!! I am melting in monsoonal Mackay. The water in our front yard is still in puddles an inch deep and it hasn't rained today... there is no where left for it to drain to. When I was flying the other week my instructor commented that it the local area is more like Asia then Central Qld... We even lined up on a road to do a simulated approach... until we realized it was not a road but water. P.S. Did I mention the mosquito plague?

We have had quite a few days in sydney region of low thirties and 99% humidity, made me think i was back in the Whitsundays. Areas of Ross River Fever warnings as well here.

Guest Sharp End

Here in bayside Brissy we have had plenty of the wet stuff mixed with the odd nice day. Can't complain... except the tap water tastes like a glass and a half of full cream chlorine! :raise_eyebrow:

is it the same place?

Wasn't it Beautiful one day, Perfect the next?. Water is amazing stuff and the thing is that there is always plenty left in the oceans (where it comes from) and it can just keep raining if the weather systems are set up for it, especially in the tropics. Then it is literally too much of a good thing... AUSTRALIA, Land of contrasts..Nev

Guest Sharp End
Wasn't it Beautiful one day, Perfect the next?

Yep, something like that. But hey, compared to Nev'sville, I'd rather put up with the rain... :thumb_up: 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Managed over 3 hrs yesterday but no xc- did get up to 2500 for some stall brief work so it's not all wet and miserable. It makes the fine days that much sweeter!20kt x-wind was a bonus to get some good one wheel landing practice in too...

I got in 1.7 hrs at boonah, this morning in the eaglet. Cloud 2500 It was the odd showers at home Robina left at 5.30 am, no rain from canungra west. Started raining driving home at canungra home at 12.30, since then the odd shower.(showers at the moment.Mt Tamborine seems to prevent alot of the coastal showers getting inland.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I got in 1.7 hrs at boonah, this morning in the eaglet. Cloud 2500 It was the odd showers at home Robina left at 5.30 am, no rain from canungra west. Started raining driving home at canungra home at 12.30, since then the odd shower.(showers at the moment.Mt Tamborine seems to prevent alot of the coastal showers getting inland.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

My instructor was going to duck over to Dunwich this morning to pick up an aircraft or something, but 35kt winds and showers blowing in from the sea made him change his mind... interesting if you didn't get strong winds over at Boonah?

Guest Maj Millard

We've had more than we need up here. Measured approaching 40+ inches so far at my property near Ingham since it started, and still it comes. Was planning for a fly this morning but no chance. I have been having to settle for the odd GA flight during the week at work, but it's hardly satisfiying enough. Will try again in the morning, but don't like my chances.

We've had more than we need up here. Measured approaching 40+ inches so far at my property near Ingham since it started.

That's unbelievable Maj, we've had about 3 inches since it all started. It's as dry as chips here.... a bit greener, but dying very fast again.

Guest Maj Millard

Sorry to rub it in Tomo, but I've got a 10" rain guage and it'll be full again on Monday I guarantee you, from last week and this weekend.

Many of the locals around here say it's a 'real' old time wet, and one of the best since the 50s or 60s for good soaking rain. If you have a look at todays BOM you can see that it is a long way from being over.

An article in todays Townsville Bulletin tells of a farmer finding 20 cattle all dead under a large tree. It looks like they were standing in water under the tree, and the tree got a lightening strike, killing the cattle also.

Granted I do live in a high-rain area up against a mountain, so if it's around we'll get it for sure. Funny thing is there are areas to our North and South that have got more rain than we have.

Hi tomo, i had a slight cross wind today, about 10 kts,their is a major difference, between here, (home) five kays to the beach, than boonah maybe 90 km from the coast inland.It can be blowing a gail here, with coastal wind, but inland no problem .It was raining with the odd shower, but nothing major.It happens alot here, onshore wind.But nothing inland.I think he made a good decision not to go though, I headed east,got as far as Mt Tamborine, raining east, no go.Cheers:hug:002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Tomo,

Thats unbelievable. 3 inches!!We had so much. Not complaining though as we do need more. I live in Witta on the Sonshine coast. Long may the rain last! Never mind that flying is off this weekend. XXXXes me off but the wet is better. There will be better flying days and I am dreaming of the next trip west or north.

" all good things come to thouse who wait !! "

fly safe

Walter

Guest Sharp End

Hi Tomo,

You had anymore in the last couple of days... even Birdsville is underwater?! :thumb_up:

S-E