Hanger Cost

Guest bazz107

Hi,

Interested to know a what different people are paying to hanger there plane, looking at buying and just getting my cost together in regards to this, Just a general Idea would be great.

Thanks

Byron:thumb_up:

• 3 months later...

Paying $22/week (incl GST). For that I have a three sided shed to myself just big enough to house the CT out of the weather and sun, just 15 mins from home, and share the 2120m sealed strip with just one other aircraft (Corby Starlett) based there along with the occasional visiting plane :thumb_up:. Very quiet and private location complete with DOTARS mandatory RPT security fencing and gates, even though we have no RPT service.

Paul

Guest Brett Campany
Paying $22/week (incl GST). For that I have a three sided shed to myself just big enough to house the CT out of the weather and sun, just 15 mins from home, and share the 2120m sealed strip with just one other aircraft (Corby Starlett) based there along with the occasional visiting plane :thumb_up:. Very quiet and private location complete with DOTARS mandatory RPT security fencing and gates, even though we have no RPT service.Paul

Oh you've gotta be happy with that mate!

Guest Maj Millard

$100 a month where I am. One Thruster behind, steel strong shed, good protection, close to town, choice of about six strips, always one into wind. Never much traffic....Happy !!. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I built my own, on my own property. A 3 sided shed 10m x 7m with 3m clearance for about $1300 with S/H colorbond iron and new timber trusses on steel posts.Dirt floor. Houses a Tyro Mk2. Works for me.

Will make a good hay shed if I give up the flying.

Phil

I can't complain $20 a week at YWSL, 60 ft x 60 ft hanger with concrete floor right on the apron, toilet, kitchen and lounge area, I sweep the hanger floor and do odd jobs around the hanger when needed not that the owner has asked me to do anything, I have a damn good owner of the hanger and I appreciate him for allowing us trikers in it, 3 permanents and 2 spending a few months in it until they get their hangers done at YLTV.

At this airport, hangar 'owners' are actually only owners of the structure - not the block under it. They 'lease' the block off the City of Albany for a price per sq.metre - ranging from $1.60 on the older leases to abour $3.60 on those 1-2 years old. The City has recently given notice that all lease rollovers will go onto about $5.50 per m2, but rumour has it that it's likely to become $8/m2 after they employ some tame valuers to 'revalue' the airport.

So, in our cases, with the oldest leases beginning to expire from 2010, things are in a state of flux.....and shock!!

The hangar owners don't know what it will cost them in the future - so any 'rents' quoted are quite speculative........and, most unwise.

The leases here all specify that hangars cannot be:

rented or sublet

used for commercial purposes

be used to store anything other than entire aircraft

As a consequence, no new hangars are being built here - despite a backlog of some 15 strong enquiries - as the costings and lease terms are too tricky for anyone to want to build.

As well, you'll not find any mention of hangarage being available at a price......it's all unofficial. I believe some lucky owners have been able to gain access at cash,(mates), rates of anywhere from $20 to $50/week, depending on size of aircraft.

So, in summary : be aware that you may not be allowed to rent your hangar, and if you do it 'unofficially' be sure that you include details of the new aircraft onto your hangar keepers liability insurance cover.

happy days,