• Northern Territory
    • South Australia
    • New South Wales
    • Aust. Capital Territory
    • Victoria
    • Queensland
    • Tasmania

Guest Brett Campany

I'm sitting here wondering where everyone is from because I'd personally like to know how many RAAus members we have in WA. The reason for this is because I think it's time very soon to have a get together somewhere and put faces to the names because I've only met one other member here so far!

But then I thought, I better include everyone in this because it'll be a good indicator of who's where and eventually everyone have a get together.

We don't have any events coming up in 2009 so I think this will be a good thing to kick it all off with!

In that case you're asking where we live, not where we're from ;)

We have at least 2 fly-ins coming up for member get togethers. The first is in Echuca on 24-26 April in conjunction with the AAAA fly-in. See thread here.

I know it's a bit far from WA, but pack a lunch and you'll be right.

Other fly-ins are yet to be organised. Hopefully there's one nearer your heart(land).

I see it was announced today that there will be no Australian leg to the Red Bull Air Race (but there will be an Oz pilot:clap:). No reason to go to WA this year.

Guest Brett Campany
I see it was announced today that there will be no Australian leg to the Red Bull Air Race (but there will be an Oz pilot:clap:). No reason to go to WA this year.

Red Bull will be back in March 2010. The organisers wanted to have it in March this year but the WA State government couldn't pull their finger out in time so it's off for a year. Huge mistake in my books!!

Maybe we should organise something for RAAus members for Red Bull in 2010??

Guest Brett Campany
I'd be interested in a get together somewhere in WA Brett.Pud

It might take a while to get organised but I reckon we could get something going for sure!

Guest Maj Millard

Hey, the way you Victorians are moving up to Queensland, it won't be long before we are out in front anyway, where we belong !...........................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

wa - place to go

Looking for somewhere to go. I own a property sw manjimup (20k) with grass landing strip, 14 cabins and lodge. Keen to get some flyers down there. Property is known as Kin Kin retreat (www.kinkinretreat.com.au). Strip approx 840m east/west elev 440ft. surrounded by state forrest. great place for a get together. Have used strip with texan and 172.

Am a WA new member - but not so young!!. Obtained ppl late 1970's but lost the flying bug and went sailing instead(much more expensive and a lot slower). Now reinvigerated and after spending 10 hours in a texan 550 the BUG is huge.

If interested let me know and i'll post all the details with some photos.

Guest Brett Campany
www.kinkinretreat.com.au[/url]). Strip approx 840m east/west elev 440ft. surrounded by state forrest. great place for a get together. Have used strip with texan and 172.Am a WA new member - but not so young!!. Obtained ppl late 1970's but lost the flying bug and went sailing instead(much more expensive and a lot slower). Now reinvigerated and after spending 10 hours in a texan 550 the BUG is huge.

If interested let me know and i'll post all the details with some photos.

Welcome along mate, good to have another Sandgropper amongst the Aussie population! I'm keen as mustard to bring the wife down for a flight and stay the weekend for sure!

Who do you know with the Texan? I'd love to take one for a fly!

Checking out your site and will be in contact soon!

Hi R461,

Must be a sandgroper -east coast have gone to bed. Texan was in Manjimup (on loan from serpentine) and next door neighbour took me for familization - 10 hours later...still going. Lovely plane but don't take too much notice of me - i am a novice and easily influenced at this stage.

Am keen to arrange a fly in over a weekend in the next few months the more the better - good fishing and only 50 m walk to a cabin. Adjacent to warren river.

Guest Brett Campany
Hi R461,Must be a sandgroper -east coast have gone to bed. Texan was in Manjimup (on loan from serpentine) and next door neighbour took me for familization - 10 hours later...still going. Lovely plane but don't take too much notice of me - i am a novice and easily influenced at this stage.

Am keen to arrange a fly in over a weekend in the next few months the more the better - good fishing and only 50 m walk to a cabin. Adjacent to warren river.

I'm liking the sound of that!! I too am a novice, just 14.5hrs logged so still on the way to becoming certified. Fingers crossed I'll be all done by April.....hopefully!

The retreat looks great, looking forward to coming down there for sure!

Brett

Guest Pop-top

Woo Hoo!!! sorry to back track but I saw "red bull" and got very excited!!!

What sort of things can we organise?? just a get together? or can you do things such as discounts and meeting the celebrity pilots (other than the pit walk where it takes at least 1 hour to get near Hannes Arch.)

VERY excited about Matt Hall competing. His display at Perth 2008 was awesome! Plus he's an Aussie :rotary:

Guest Brett Campany
Woo Hoo!!! sorry to back track but I saw "red bull" and got very excited!!!What sort of things can we organise?? just a get together? or can you do things such as discounts and meeting the celebrity pilots (other than the pit walk where it takes at least 1 hour to get near Hannes Arch.)

VERY excited about Matt Hall competing. His display at Perth 2008 was awesome! Plus he's an Aussie :rotary:

I'm still yet to shoot an email off to RAAus so I'll post something up when I get a reply. Red Bull next year should be good though!

For you Admin

Sorry for being off topic here guys but this is to do with this thread.... Sort of.

Ian, On the screen that shows all the threads in the 'General Discussion' area in the column called 'Last Post' it shows your post (at the moment) as being posted at 3.45pm today. However when I go into the thread and read your post it says you posted at 11.59am today. What gives??? :confused:

Sorry guys, I'll get off now.

Pud