I enter the Recreational Flying website via:  

89 members have voted

1. 1. I enter the Recreational Flying website via:

• The home page and then to the forums and other sections
    • The forums and then to other sections including the home page
    • The forums and on "rare" occasions to other sections
    • The forums ONLY
    • Another section of the site that is not the home page or the forums

Recreational Flying (.com.au) started out just as a forum for RAAus members but has grown to being a complete site of many sections on Recreational Aviation.

Talking to a long time site member he said he never goes to the home and was surprised when I told him what was on there. So, I was wondering how many of you still just come straight to the forums or now enter the site via the home page?

Guest Maj Millard

I must admit I go straight to either forum, cockpit talk, or general discussion. I was thinking last night that maybe some of the continuing threads such as 'cockpits', 'which airstrip' Never ending story Etc. should be put in a separate heading as opposed to being in 'General Discussion". Reason being is that "cockpits" for instance which is a great idea, and one that I would like to see be continous, has now gone by the wayside in 'General discussion' as time marches on. Just my thoughts Ian Thanks............024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

PS: I do occasionally enter via Home to view latest news but didn't realize it was 'Home"

Guest Brett Campany

I always go to the forums first and then the home page to check up on other things. After that hit the shop and window shop for things that I'll need soon.

Guest TOSGcentral

A lot of members, certainly myself, have grown up with the evolution of the forums and the site has grown in the background.

There will be a lot of habit patterns there that people will automatically follow.

We all have control of where we enter via our browser settings. Mine are the forums and this highly unlikely to change. That is where I interact, where I am mainly interested, and also takes me to things that I am continually involved with and need to scan regularly (eg the Thruster section).

This is interesting and thanks for your comments so far. I must say that I am surprised at the result at the moment with so many coming straight to the forums.

I think it is what Tony has indicated, the forums were what this site was all about for so long and many bookmarks/favourites etc have been saved on your PCs at just the forum location because the previous home page was simply a page advertising the great fun of flying a recreational aircraft which really didn't benefit anyone that was already coming to the forums.

Now the site has grown from just forums into a site of many different sections that will be growing with content this year, and not to forget the continually evolving News section on the home page, I need to have a look at ways to provide you with other interesting things that will make your visit to the home page more enjoyable.

In any case, the whole site is here for you to enjoy with what ever time you have, in which ever section and with what ever recreational aviation interest you have.

As always, let me know if it can be improved in any way for you

Home page for me

Don't know why I go to the home page 1st although I quickly scan the news and then head for the forum. Occasionally I will take a look at the other sections such as the shop (how do you get back to the home page from the shop?) and weather.

Pud

how do you get back to the home page from the shop?Pud

Pud, there is a link in the text on the home page of the shop that you can click however I will get around to bringing the shop in line with the rest of the site making it more of a section then a separate site.

Hope this helps!