Who's going to be at NATFLY?

Tomo

Keep an eye out for the new IBIS Magic GS 700 (hope I've got that right).Saw it at Tooradin this evening ready to head to Narromine in the morning.

It pretty much looks like a Tecnam however many thousands $$$ cheaper! It's metalic grey on half of the fuse. It actually has conventional Cessna type controls!

Did you manage to get any snaps Brent that you can share? ;)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For those that did'nt make it this year, plan for next Easter, and just pack your wellies and wet-weather gear. (At least the locals loved the rain)

It was the first time I managed to get there, but it was well worth the effort, despite the weather not being favorable.

I met some great guys, including Admin who kindly offered me a job as a conductor or something similar, hanging on to the tent pole as the storm hit, and Storchy Neil who apparently has a fetish for sleeping up on a table to keep away from the snakes.

Poor Wannabigplane was drueling at some of the aircraft there, but i'd be happy with his, while Slarti who does'nt really have a hotplate as I suggested, was busy munching on the last hot-cross bun i'd planned to freeze and take to Eccuca for BigPete.

To all of you that I had the pleasure to meet, thank you for making my weekend memorable.

Kind Regards

Planey

PS. The wet clothes have now dried out, and the Codral cold and flu capsuls seem to be working well, but I would'nt have missed it for quids.

• 4 years later...
I'm all packed for an early departure tomorrow.Keep an eye out for the new IBIS Magic GS 700 (hope I've got that right).

Saw it at Tooradin this evening ready to head to Narromine in the morning.

It pretty much looks like a Tecnam however many thousands $$$ cheaper! It's metalic grey on half of the fuse. It actually has conventional Cessna type controls!

Wow, that sounds like my first IBIS, which I flew around southern VIC from Tooradin for a week in June 2011 before buying it and shipping it to NZ. It's mark then was 247125, but rapidly changed to ZK-PLC at Rangiora (NZRT) where I have flown it for another 400 hrs in the last three years, before selling it, because I have bought another one (there's true love for you) with an injected Rotax 912iS, Robinson wings, an Odyssey screen, and to please the wife in this colder climate, - a heater. I just love the GS700 - it's a lazy man's plane, flies itself, but hugely strong and agile if you want to throw it around the sky (not inverted, of course!). Roomy, comfortable, rated at 600kg but still NZ microlight. Eight hour tanks, which will be ten hours using the injected engine. And the design has a great pedigree! I'm told by those who also fly Cessna that it may look alike but the similarity ends there.

Just been looking for some pictures of it that I took at Natfly, but they must be on the hard drive that recently carked it.

Anyway, it's good to know that it served you well.

Kind Regards

Planey

PS almost 5yrs since the previous post in a thread is probably a record.

Wow, that sounds like my first IBIS, which I flew around southern VIC from Tooradin for a week in June 2011 before buying it and shipping it to NZ. It's mark then was 247125, but rapidly changed to ZK-PLC at Rangiora (NZRT) where I have flown it for another 400 hrs in the last three years, before selling it, because I have bought another one (there's true love for you) with an injected Rotax 912iS, Robinson wings, an Odyssey screen, and to please the wife in this colder climate, - a heater. I just love the GS700 - it's a lazy man's plane, flies itself, but hugely strong and agile if you want to throw it around the sky (not inverted, of course!). Roomy, comfortable, rated at 600kg but still NZ microlight. Eight hour tanks, which will be ten hours using the injected engine. And the design has a great pedigree! I'm told by those who also fly Cessna that it may look alike but the similarity ends there.

I've got a few hours in the ibis's here, quite a nice plane, real shame how they got grounded here,

Matty

Dont want to start anything but what ended up happening with the IBIS:

Where they made 19 for good ??

How long where they stopped use in training ??

What happened with the dudes that where using them for training ??

Dont want to start anything but what ended up happening with the IBIS:Where they made 19 for good ??

How long where they stopped use in training ??

What happened with the dudes that where using them for training ??

Its to do with were they are made I think. The country isn't a recognised some where or another. A great aircraft cut down by bureaucracy .

• Agree 1