Guess the plane

Guest Pioneer200

Guest pelorus32

Yes,

told you it was easy.

In January 1973 the pilot of this one landed it on the beach at a place called Matai Bay in Northland New Zealand. I happened to be standing on the beach, along with lots of other people who he merrily dodged around as he landed.

I understand that the CAA or whatever it was then called had a great amount of interest in that activity!!

It was an unusual colour scheme and a truly beautiful aircraft. I was desperate to wangle a flight, but no luck!!

ZK-ADI for those who'd like to explore its history.

Regards

Mike

Guest drizzt1978
Isn't that Howard Hughe's prototype lightning?

Its the prototype number one on xf-11

Before he almost killed himself in it...

Guest Decca

OMG! I've just been for a walk. Through Wikipedia, and all the Miles dedicated sites. They designed & built so many aircraft. I can't even find a match to your picture Mike, so I'll leave it for someone else. At least I know now where you guys drag them out from. Keep up the good work!024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Regards, Decca.

Guest pelorus32
OMG! I've just been for a walk. Through Wikipedia, and all the Miles dedicated sites. They designed & built so many aircraft. I can't even find a match to your picture Mike, so I'll leave it for someone else. At least I know now where you guys drag them out from. Keep up the good work!024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gifRegards, Decca.

This one's not a Miles aircraft Decca :)

Guess it is.

Not an AVRO is it.? Looks like a Genet major engine. .......... The Wyvern is very nice, Doug. the contraprops would help it to be manageable. What is the engine? a Mamba? Nev.