Reminder for Echuca Airshow

Guest brentc

Guest brentc

Matt I seem to have glossed over the bit that says what time on Sunday we need to have flown in by? Before 11 perhaps? Daylight savings won't be a problem for you like it was at Albury :-)

Good to see that the program finishes at 2pm, there's nothing worse than being stuck late at a show and pushing last light trying to get home if you're in an RA-Aus machine.

I'd recommend being on the ground by no later than 11:00 on Sunday as the air display starts at 11:30 and the airfield will be effectively closed during the display period (11:30 to 14:00).

The intent of the 14:00 finish is just that, to allow for an orderly departure of aircraft who may have a 2-3 hour flight ahead of them...remembering that many of the antiquers have similar performance to RA-Aus machines.

Kaz and I will be manning the Registration Desk over the weekend, so if you're flying in we'll be your first port of call and look forward to either catching up/meeting you.

Albury!...Some people have long memories don't they?! ;-)

Anything I can do...hope the weather forecasters are more inaccurate that normal! The weather at Echuca last Saturday and Sunday was perfect...of course. Why is it that aviation events attract bad weather...

Guest brentc

Sure Matt, if you can do anything, if you're on the registrations desk, can you get us in at a heavily discounted rate?

16 deg for Melbourne on Sunday is a little average, although a shower or two sounds promising.

I'm getting 18 deg and a possible shower for Echuca on Sunday and slightly warmer for Saturday.

Guest brentc

I am always intrigued at how the third party weather mobs such as Elders and Weatherzone seem to have more information than the BOM which is where I thought they got their info from. That looks much less promising than the BOM site.

Hi All,

Here's another weather website to add to your pilot toolbox. It is from, believe it or not, Norway. I have found it reasonably useful and accurate (from a farmers point of view) and imagine pilots would too. It gives 3 or 7 day forecasts for just about any locality in the world. The 3 day is split into three forecasts per day and also has a nice animated hour-by-hour map showing temp, shaded precipitation areas and wind barbs...useful for visualising what the weather might do.

Bear in mind these forecasts are probably purely computer generated so don't rely on them too much...but use them in conjunction with your other weather sources.

Here's the one for Echuca...but you can get a forecast for any city, suburb, town or location with just a wheat silo!

Weather forecast for Echuca in Victoria (Australia), 73 m. ? yr.no

Enjoy,

Peter

I am always intrigued at how the third party weather mobs such as Elders and Weatherzone seem to have more information than the BOM which is where I thought they got their info from. That looks much less promising than the BOM site.

Is there not a number of different organisations that get their basic data from the BOM and then run the obtained data through their own weather models to provide (sell on ) their own predictions.

I recently had the option of 3 months free subscription to a new weather info site that claimed to give predictions to (from memory) a 3km radius of requested location, 15 or 30 min (?) increments for the following 2 weeks - wind strength and direction., temp, rain, spray delta T, etc,etc. seemed very comprehensive easy to use and obviously farmer (me) orientated.

So there are definitely models out there trying to providing much more prediction info the BOM.

Hi All,Here's another weather website to add to your pilot toolbox. It is from, believe it or not, Norway.

Enjoy,

Peter

Thanks Peter a nice link especially the hr by hr.It will be interesting to see how accurate it is.

Ray