Facebook

Guest Brett Campany

I've recently come off Facebook due to work and a few other issues. Try not to put to much on there as it can be a little detrimental.

Guest Brett Campany
Hey Brett care to expand a little on that? (without being nosey) I'm very cautious about facebook use it to keep up with pics & happenings of the 2 little grandsons and that's about it.Cheers

Dexter

Yeah it seemed that management was watching over my Facebook. I've been told that I put to much focus on things outside of work.... I don't know how they came up with that. Plus several friends and family didn't want their photos up on my Facebook page.

On top of all of that, I was getting fed up with various applications and spam emails from Facebook.

Il tell you something else about Facebook.You cant leave!..You can deactivate your account, but you cant remove your information from them.they(facebook) will always have that info on hand.I think that is just a bit wrong and possibly criminal.they also own all images and anything else on the site, and they can use it as they please.And there is definitlely the whole general privacy issue.

Facebook=:devil:

Guest Brett Campany
Il tell you something else about Facebook.You cant leave!..You can deactivate your account, but you cant remove your information from them.they(facebook) will always have that info on hand.I think that is just a bit wrong and possibly criminal.they also own all images and anything else on the site, and they can use it as they please.And there is definitlely the whole general privacy issue.Facebook=:devil:

Simon's hit the nail on the head there, they do own everything once you put it on there.

Welcome to the digital age! That is the reality of the internet...once you or your information is digitalized it is there for ever...it is just the reality of the world we now live in...Watch for a major shake up in the whole idea of copyright/ownership in the next few years...the ways of the past are becoming just that.

Guest basscheffers
they also own all images and anything else on the site, and they can use it as they please.Facebook=:devil:

If you feel that way, have a look at this site's terms and conditions.

Guest basscheffers

It doesn't have to be this way!

See the thread about the monthly competition where I brought it to Slarti's attention.

There are good alternatives and I am sure he'll do the right thing!

Legal rights of the content added to this siteby its members or visitors belongs to Site administration when they are submitted to the site unless it is clearly mentioned otherwise in the content that is submitted. Site visitors/members can not ask the submitted content to be removed or unpublished from the site later nor can the ask for the content ownership to be changed once the content has been submitted."

This is from the sight terms and conditions here...Don't tell me nobody reads them when they join internet groups?????? Lol

Hi...Was wondering if anyone else uses Facebook...It is a great way to stay in touch with friends.

Yep,found a whole lot of relatives I wasn`t aware of.

Frank.