Yeeehaaaaaa!! I went SOLO!

Well yeah, the title pretty much explains it all........!

After the most stressful 35min lesson of emergency's etc...

I was just doing another touch-an-go, when he told me to hold it when I was putting on throttle, and, well just climbed out and said take off and go and have a bit of a play around, get comfortable and come back............ so I probably did the nicest take off in my short flying history, climbed (talk about climb) to nearly 1000' agl before the end of the runway!! turn a slight left and headed a few miles away from the airport, and did a few turns either way to get the feel of it all... It's amazingly responsive with only one person on board I can tell you!

Headed back and joined downwind to 13, did a nice circuit, and an equally good slight crosswind landing, and taxied up to the hanger with a big smile I can tell you:big_grin:

So I'm pretty Stoked:thumb_up::thumb_up:

Safe flying:thumb_up:

1382434449_Soloflight.jpg.66d5a5736375ed648bc03874a6a8edd6.jpg

Good onya TomoBeen wondering when you were going to do it,

I had my solo on Saturday

Unreal feeling eh

cheers

Bruce

That's great to here Bruce, Yes it certainly is an unreal feeling. I didn't really even have time to think about it because an aircraft was just turning finals, so I had to get out the way quickly!:thumb_up: It wasn't until I was doing my after take off checks did it really dawn on me what I was doing!:thumb_up:

And Yes, it's been dragged out a bit, because I've only been doing a bit each week, then we had to get some good weather, that's one reason I went in the afternoon. 'Cause I sort of half new that I "could" be going solo:big_grin:

And Thanks a lot to you all, I'll certainly remember this day...:thumb_up::thumb_up:

Congrat's guys, welcome to the solo club. 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Hey Tomo, I was booked in to do a nav-ex to Dalby yesterday, but I had to cancell it once again because of work. The way things are looking I won't have time for a few weeks or so to do it, but who knows I might run into you when I do.

Tomo

I had about the same feeling that it could happen, had my 2 exams out of the way just in case it happened.

I had 14.6 hours up before I went but still have a long way to go.

How many hours did it take you.

It was only the last 3 hours that I finally got the hang of the landing, curcuits were fine but just that last bit to the ground and when to ease back on the stick.

They tell me that if you can land a jab then you can land anything but as I have not flown anything else then I do not know.

Need some crosswinds now to continue learning.

Had a heap of cross winds early in the training they seem to have settled down now.

Cheers

Bruce

I had about 18.5hrs I think... I wasn't particularly fussy on when I went solo, I figured what's the point of only learning half the stuff to go solo then doing all the rest later on... I've basically done everything, so all I got to do now is 5hrs solo and another exam and, if I pass the test, I can put in a license application:thumb_up:

Yes trying to find where the ground is takes a bit to get used to... but when it clicks, everything comes heaps easier:big_grin:

And people tell me that a Drifter is hard to fly too...

Need some cross winds!! come to Dalby and you'll be sure to get 'em one runway or the other:big_grin:

Have Fun, Have you done unusual attitudes yet?

Tomo

You are right in what you say, better off having more hours under your belt with the instructor.

I did not expect to go solo on Sat but it was such a nice day and curcuits beforehand were good, so it just happened and as you say once you can judge where the ground is it just seems to click.

Would like to do a bit more with the instructor before the next solo, want to do some more stalls etc just to get more practice.

Would sooner do them with him rather than get myself into a situation where I have to get out of a spin or a stall.

I would expect that I would need to do another 5 hours of solo and maybe 2-3 with him before I would be happy getting my licence.

Guess we will see what happens.

We usually have a lot of wind here in Deniliqun but the last couple of weekends that I have flown it has been really good.

The weekend of the Echuca Airshow I was away and it was not a good weekend at all.

I think now Tomo that we may start to relax a bit and enjoy the scenery as our training progresses.

cheers

Bruce

A BIG congratulations to both of you - I bet your heads are still up in the clouds - what a tremendous effort - well done guys! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Thanks again to everyone... I still have a smile across my face every time I think of it:big_grin:

And yeah, the Drifter goes much better one up that for sure:thumb_up: aspecially just me, 'cause I'm only about 55kgs from top to bottom:thumb_up:

Hey Tomo

What did you think on your solo when you were about 100 feet off the ground.

You know what I thought. I said to myself "Bruce you are committed now" and everything seemed to work out OK.

Cheers

Bruce

Hey TomoWhat did you think on your solo when you were about 100 feet off the ground.

You know what I thought. I said to myself "Bruce you are committed now" and everything seemed to work out OK.

Yes I think that's when it dawned on me that, "yes now I'm committed and have got to do this right...!!" quite an unreal feeling:thumb_up:

Thanks,

Tomo, Do you weigh your legs separately? Nev...

No! I just had to come up with something to make you say something!!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Ok, So 55kgs from top to Heel then!!