Would you buy this JAB of Ebay?

Guest drizzt1978

Guest brentc

The engine would need to have been inhibited which could be a problem. Whilst they are inhibited when new, it's not good enough. At a cheap price it would be worth having some engine mods done. An LSA 55 is an LSA 55 and if it was well built etc I can't see a problem.

The engine would need to have been inhibited which could be a problem. Whilst they are inhibited when new, it's not good enough. .

Good point Brent, I noticed in the add it said "motor was run about 4 years ago and not since". If it wasn't inhibited I would hate to see the inside of those bores.

Guest TOSGcentral

The engine is simply advertised as a '2200A'. But is an old motor.

I would want to establish if the mods have been done on the engine - like the additional oil cooling to the rocker box and the flywheel keying etc. Otherwise it could get expensive!

it could start and thats where the trouble starts 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Hi to all

The engine has been started again about 4 weeks ago,was talking to the bloke the other night.:raise_eyebrow:

Guest brentc

I doubt that it has sold, it has 0 bids, therefore you can probably buy it now for $30k.

With a couple of $k to go and get it and transport it home again and absolute worst case $10k in engine mods plus some rubbing and buffing and a couple of new bits and pieces I guess you'd be looking at maybe no more than $42k for a new plane but more like sub $40k. Definitely worth looking into further. My only concern might be the build quality and if it is poorly painted you might be up for extra cash to tidy it up.

imports

You will be surprised about the amount of imports that end up not being quite what they were advertised to be.

I think its better to be able to eyeball & check something out yourself.

I know of 3 imported planes that cost a lot more to be rectified than buying locally.

Guest Maj Millard

As a general rule only about 15% or so of kit aircraft actually get completed to flight status, by the original kit purchaser. That figure is about ten years old, out of the US, and may be higher in Australia. So picking up a 'still to be completed' kit can be a either a great way of getting an aircraft cheap, or your worst nightmare if the original builder had absolutly no idea what he was doing. (especially with composite aircraft) Tread carefully and carry a large inspection mirror and torch !!...............................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif