Maxair Drifter Incipient Spin and recovery

BLA82

Guest Brett Campany

Yeah...ummm pass on that notion!! Nice recovery, now excuse my while I change my underwear!

O only watched a small bit of the video, because I have a very slow connection today, but I saw 5 full turns, so there was no incipience about it at all.

Guest brentc

If you concerned about it and want to do something, just call RA-Aus and quote the rego number appearing at the 2min 30 seconds mark.

Last I heard, this aircraft was for sale or coming up for sale

Get in quick! :thumb_up:

Those out there who know the history of this aircraft will be especially disturbed by the forces being placed upon it.........:ah_oh:

Who's kidding who about the incipient bit? That was a full on spin and I agree with Turbo, nick his certificate

That's right! I reckon they did that so that it doesn't look "too" obvious on utube... your average back yard fella wouldn't know the difference between an incipient and full spin!

Maybe the guy doesn't really know that your not supposed to do that sort of thing in RAA stuff? because he wouldn't be so open on putting it up on a world wide video site!

About twenty or so years ago, I witnessed a Drifter doing a beat up on a house from a stalled turn and the recovery was below the trees.

This happened for at least twenty minutes and I thought then that ultralights were dangerous. Some weeks later, two people died when their Drifter smacked in from a poorly executed loop and i have often wondered if it was the same two idiots.

The point here was that I formed an opinion that those things were dangerous and I missed out on about ten years of terrific flying. If the clowns in that video smacked in, what would that do for our public image?

Drifters are great aircraft to fly with very with very few vices but when fitted with the big pod, they can take a long time to get out of a spin. It bothers me that someone will see this video and try it in the later model with nasty results. Remember that funerals are for the living.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but there is reason for the placards saying "No spins"

Just for the record I didn't put this video on here condoning the actions, just was gobsmacked when I first sore it and had to share

Just for the record I didn't put this video on here condoning the actions, just was gobsmacked when I first sore it and had to share

No problems there Bla.

I was amazed like you. I think he is pointing to the paddock where he should have crashed:laugh:006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Looked like a pair of white knuckles in the back!!

Guest mike_perth

Far out I'm not looking forward to incipient spin recovery in the TraumaHawk now! That is one no make that 10 serious spins!