What to do when it rains?

BecM

Well I have been up early the last few days .. waiting .. hoping.. but to no avail :(

Got a little time in today but conditions were not great and I wasn't confident.

So rather than get dejected.. thought I'd ask..

So what do you do when it rains??

Rejoice! It is an uncommon phenomenon, especially at this time of year. Now Summer is different, not so long ago we got 600mm in a day, but it is soon gone.

Fire up the flight sim, jump in the Viggen & hoon through the Grand Canyon at 400 kts. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face:keen:keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Guest pelorus32
but if cloud is to low.. this or this.

If conditions are cr#p then Ultralights has the solution 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

However if conditions aren't so bad but you don't feel confident then it's worth asking your instructor.

If she/he thinks it is flyable then ask them to jump in with you and go flying - it's a learning process.

If she/he thinks it's not then go through it with them and find out why - specifically - it will help you in building your judgement.

It's the pits when the weather keeps you on the ground but a VFR into IMC or a CFIT is worse!!

Regards

Mike

Well yeah I went up for a ittie bit but the front was a commin...

Not safe for anyone.

Can't complain about the rain but its just soo frustrating...

Instructor gave me maps, ruler etc so I can play with that.. planning possible trips etc. So that will have to sufice apart from work 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Bec

Guest Brett Campany

I'll either jump onto X-Plane 9 for some practice or watch HOME

I'm also in the process of doing up a business plan so yeah anything like that to keep me busy.

Guest Cloud Warrior

Sit in the hangar, drink coffee and tell "war" stories. Also good time to tackle all those "upgrades" to my trike.