About having an ASIC Card Poll?

Admin

How have you found your ASIC Card?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. How have you found your ASIC Card?

• 4. I have one and found I have really needed it (by law)
    • 3. I have one but found I don't really need it (by law)
    • 2. I don't have one and found I have really needed it (by la
    • 1. I don't have one and have not needed one (by law)

Why is it, that the aviation industry has been singled out.With security measures like the ASIC.What about other industries ? Eg- Shipping, or Transport.

I am all for airliners having strenghten cockpit doors, i am all for Airmarshalls/skymarshalls.But i dont get, why a airfield in the middle of nowhere, has to be fully fenced and be a "security Airport", because once a week a RPT a/c lands there.Then 10 miles away you can have a non security airfield, "no RPT no worries".

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it, that the aviation industry has been singled out.With security measures like the ASIC.What about other industries ? Eg- Shipping, or Transport.I am all for airliners having strenghten cockpit doors, i am all for Airmarshalls/skymarshalls.But i dont get, why a airfield in the middle of nowhere, has to be fully fenced and be a "security Airport", because once a week a RPT a/c lands there.Then 10 miles away you can have a non security airfield, "no RPT no worries".

Australian shipping ports have the same thing as our ASIC and the same fencing and security.

Thanks winsor.didnt know that. Question , i read somewhere that because a AVID is a slightly lower security check than the ASIC.You can land at a security airfield, but you cant leave your aircraft, you have to stay with it.By that i mean, you cant leave the airport and then go back to airside .I cant remember where i read it, it could be incorrect, but they said that, that is why the AVID is for 5 years and also cheaper.

was at Cooktown airport the other day........security signage about, gate was " coded", fence was approx 1.2m high 20m either side of apron entry gate, then the fence height was reduced to about 900 high ( step over height ).............fort nox..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hey Russ,

I know what you mean. In recent months at the Northam airfield double locked gates have been installed across the aqccess road running down between the hangars. Thing is that on the right hand side there is no fence so everybody just drives around the gates back onto the road. In addition, at the far end of the hangars if you continue on the dirt track you come to the airfield boundry fence (which borders the main road) with a nice access which is open permanently. Go figure!! He's a photo to see the stupidity of it all.

Pud

151077364_NorthamAirfieldSecurity.thumb.jpg.26112d4a6f463804f1ea4e48793c8c83.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Why is it, that the aviation industry has been singled out.With security measures like the ASIC.What about other industries ? Eg- Shipping, or Transport.I am all for airliners having strenghten cockpit doors, i am all for Airmarshalls/skymarshalls.But i dont get, why a airfield in the middle of nowhere, has to be fully fenced and be a "security Airport", because once a week a RPT a/c lands there.Then 10 miles away you can have a non security airfield, "no RPT no worries".

Strengthened cockpit doors. hahaha! If this wasn't a public forum, i could comment. But anyway... :P

• 4 months later...

Peter - which side of the gates were you on. As far as I'm aware I can land anywhere without a card, get fuel etc. but once I go through the gates I may not get back to my plane without the card. So, like Broken Hill, land, fuel up and nick off. Correct me if I'm wrong....

I wonder if a Defence Security card would be okay, afterall, that is only issed after a crim/security/anal check is carried out. Must investigate this.

No its not Ok.You still have to go through the hoops for a ASIC or AVID, even Defence ID,that is alot more stringent also depends on what clearence you require.Or Security ID for a person who works with the Defence force for a Private company eg- Australian Aerospace or BAE Systems etc.

The government likes to Rip us off.Government departments dont or will not talk to each other.They like everybody to go through all the security Stuff for Vetting and pay for it, even if they already have a security clearence with another department.Eg-defence

Guest OzRunways
I wonder if a Defence Security card would be okay, afterall, that is only issed after a crim/security/anal check is carried out. Must investigate this.

The idiots won't even fast track your student license when you have a security clearance with Defence. My first solo was night solo on pilots course at BFTS since they took about 6 months to approve it. Was calling them twice a day for months - some guys didn't even get a solo at all in Tamworth. Thanks Defence (and Sideshow - you know who you are) for flying civil registered CT4's and not having the scrote to just let guys go solo. What a load of ****.

The only time you can use your defence ID is if you are flying your military aircraft out on the tarmac and you are in uniform.

A couple of my friends were dressed up with g-suit on, helmets walking out to their PC-9 in Geraldton and some security blunt tried to stop them going airside. He had to get his manager in who let them outside.

Rowan.