About to take off from the Riverland SA

Guest studentbiggles

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Guys,

First of all congratulations Ian on a great site, especially for a green beginner like myself. I have been reading both posts and blogs, the information and tips I have learnt so far in the last few weeks have been invalable to me. On the 4th of Jan 09 this year I was so lucky to be taken up for a joy flight in a piper as a thank you, form a client that had just flowen in WA. The last time I flew in a small aircraft was 34 years ago...........WHY DID I WAIT THIS LONG??????.......... totally in love and hooked on flying. yes guys it's a very addictive past time. I look foward to hearing and sharing questions on flying (I've got a million questions to ask and I bet lots of you have got the answers):ne_nau:

"JUST CANT WAIT TO GET UP THERE IN THE BLUE SKIES"

Once again Thank You Ian for making this site possible for people like me

Cheers Studentbiggles baby.gif.168ad10e40c5845c810810951ae4106c.gif

G'day and Welcome onboard StudentBiggles!:thumb_up:

Yes, Ian has done an immensely hugely good job with this site, and I'm proud to be a part of it:clap:

Ask away, start a discussion or do what ever you want, as long as you have fun and keep safe...:thumb_up:

:drums:

025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Thanks guys! But just wait and see what is happening in a couple of weeks time with the site...WOW...well I think so anyway :jump:

Guest studentbiggles

Thanks Tomo + Ian for the welcome, not only am I a very new flyer but also not so savy blogger + poster.

Question: 1 out of a million............Being female, middle aged and blonde.....Have had a bit of a run around to try and track down info, instructors for help in avaition..........I have my own Home Based Business and work a second job, and I sure know what it's like to be busy.........But you think they would return phone enquiry???.....I have the opportuninty to marry up my business with flying due to my location in N/E S.A......Anybody had similar probs.

Cheers Studentbiggles

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Studentbiggles. My that's a mouthful. If you were a male I'd shorten it to Stud but being a female...Hmmm, Biggirl....No, I think not, you may be very slim. I know, I'm sure you can sing so how about Blondi, I believe she's a looker too.114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif Be aware that recreational flying and business don't, can't mix. Using it purely as a means of transport in the outback might be allowed, speak up those in the know.

More..

You can use it as a form of personal transport if it is justified (as you can with any vehicle). Getting the instructor/organisation that is right for you is very important, so put a bit of time in there as you only do your initial training once. Have you joined RAAus yet? Check over the RAAus website fully for lots of info, and the magazine is an ongoing source of info. There are plenty of other books etc that help. Aviation is a subject that no-one knows everything about. Watch out for snake oil and rumour. It will throw you off the fact track. Nev

Hi Student Biggles,

Did I read your post right?

There are three RAA instuctors at Renmark. We at Loxton have been extemely happy with their instructing.

We have also found them to be very available at any time for lessons, BFR and any help.

CFI phone is Gary Douglas 0417890215

Club 230 is well maintained.

Give that a try and post your results.

Cheers

Phil.

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Phil, thanks for your post, let me explain re run around, it was more of the case of where to look rather than run around, sorry if I ruffled your feathers' no way intended........But now for the good news.....through the web site of RA Aus I found the site for Approved Chief Flying Instructors in SA, got the mob of David Campain and Gary Douglas answered, I actually rang before reading your post...........And have a breifing and chat with Gary @10am. @ Renmark Airport....Weather permitting, intro flight..YYYYEEEESSSS (two more sleeps).

Phil hope to meet up one day or pass you airborne??

Cheers Alley (studentbiggles)

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Nev, Have my application for Membership - Student Pilot in front of me, check my other post to Phil for all the good news for Friday. many thanks for your advice, yes I'm doing lots of reading and rearch and slowly feeling my way..........God I can't wait till Friday...........Chat soon, keep safe in the skyes

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Doug, I do appreciate a "Fly Boy" with a sence of humour? Check out my good news that I posted to Phil..........Please pray for fine conditions for Friday.....Having long chat with my accountant at the end of the month Re: Combing flying into your business, he's had some experiance in this field before, I'll let you know of the outcomes......Keep up the fun and homour......fly safe

Alley,

I am pleased that you made contact with Gary, he is a great instructor. He will make you feel at ease, a knack that only a few have.

Flying to QLD tomorrow for a couple of weeks. I will keep a lookout for your comments of how you went.

I know you will enjoy the experience

Phil.

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Phil, thankyou for your encouragement and goopd wishes, I'll pass on your regards to Gary when we meet 2moro...........A can't tell you how many clients, work colleagues and friends will be looking skywood 2moro brtween 10am and 12noon????....Guys this is a dream come true for me that has taken 10 years to come to fruition and it all starts @ 10am. 2moro......Wish me luck as I know you all will, because all of you will surely remember the very first offical lesson you took....Once again thankyou to Re. Flying and all of you pilots involved that has encouraged me to take my dream into reality....Many thanks Alley (studentgiggles)....All of you pray for blue skyes for the moro.

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Phil, hows sunny Queensland?024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif....Friday's induction lesson went really well with Gary. I found him very approachable and made me feel at ease, even though I was on cloud nine and had to pinch myself that I was actually taking my first step towards my training. We didn't go up for flight due to weather, but I got to go all over the "Georgous Poppet:heart:", the first Jabi 230 I've seen in the flesh.....I've gave her prop a hug when I first met her:hug:....Can't wait to go up in her.....Will contact Gary this week to confirm my lesson dates......Fly safe and I'll catch up with you when your back in Riverland...Cheers Alley (Studentbiggles)

Sorry that you had a "let down" due to weather. I wondererd about that as I left Loxton a couple of hours or so before the change hit.

Yep, Sunshine Coast is aptly named, 24-25 since arriving here Saturday, soaking up the sun and beach walks.

Alley, study the books and you will find things a lot easier to understand in the air and dont be afraid to ask questions, there are some great people on the site that will help a new wanabe.

Catch you Renmark 3rd Sunday for Breakfast. No I won't I will still be here. Probably leave next Tuesday.

Cheers

Phil.

Guest studentbiggles

Just had my first lesson

Hi Guys, just landed after my first lesson:keen:.....My feet haven't touched terra-firma yet???099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif I don't know where to start to tell you all about it:chuffed:...One of the many highlights was that after executing my "FIRST" left hand orbit, I crossed over my own "Slipstream"....All I felt was a small jolt but my instructor Gary informed me what I had just done...YYYEEESSS:clap:....Oh, so much happened in an hour and 10mins airborne, my god my heads spinning now plus headache, and only feeling a bit:yuk: about 2 hours after I landed......more from concentration than anything else me thinks...Next lesson on the 27th July.....Oh and I won the Club faffle as well...Love to know how you felt after your first lesson, cos its hard to explain to others that are non flyers, cos they haven't experience what we all have....The Best feeling in the World:ecstatic: Cheers Alley

Great Stuff Student Biggles! It is certainly a buzz on the first lesson... (actually it's always a buzz)!!:thumb_up:

Don't worry about the headaches and tiredness... it will most likely happen for a few lessons, but you get better as it get less stressful (not a very good word really is it... High concentration is probably a better term!!) After a while turning a corner is just like riding a bike.... you start to do it without using every brain cell to help you, if you know what I mean...

And as that starts happening your instructor will slowly but surely let you do more and more... :big_grin: So the load level stay pretty full on for a bit, but you'll pick it up pretty quickly I reckon.

Fly Safe, and have fun!016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Tomo, thanks for your insight and understanding of my first lesson, I feel great now and have been walking my way through the events of today......God its so much to take in and digest:loopy:......I also was really pleased with my approach and landing, which I tried to visualize from what I've only read thus far, I also talked out loud my procedures, while listening to my prompts from my instructor.......My "Little Jabbi Poppet" landed so sweet:clap: That part of the flight I must say I was the most anxious about:ah_oh: She was so light and responsive on landing....BUT what a rude awakening when your back on the pedals and trying to taxi her back to the hangar:exclamation: God it was like pushing her through mud:faint:Talk soon Cheers Alley

Well done Ally,

I am pleased that you had a great time in the air on our first flight.:thumb_up:

I will be leaving Caloundra a.m tomorrow for home.

Hear from you in the air 27th.

Cheers,

Phil.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest studentbiggles

My first meeting @ AWPA

:big_grin:Hi Phil, lots to tell you....Will call you for long chat Re: AWPA meeting:thumb_up:, Murray Bridge Aero Club:thumb_up: and regards from now mutual friends in flying that I've met over the weekend that have passed on hellos????018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif......Got you thinking now has in it?????....Think "Panels"keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif...??? Will call you @ work Cheers Studentbiggles (Alley)006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif When are you going up for a buzz in the near future:keen:...Please let me know....:polite:

Hi Alley,

Yep, got me thinking, "panels"? Went to Renmark for a coffee yesterday morn and then for a flip over Barmera and home.

Next Sunday Breakfast at Renmark and and BBQ at Loxton, flying ofcourse.

I may catch you at one of these events.

No problems re chat whenever.

Cheers.

Phil.

Guest studentbiggles
keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif Hi Phil, I'm taking my sister back to Mildura on Sat arvo to dad's...dropping her off at Mildura Airport for her flight back to Melb via back to ( Rome..Italy) on Sun morn at 06.30hrs.....Hopefully will be back for hangar "Breakie" at YREN @ 08.00hrs:big_grin:... Hope to chat up then with you...If not @ Loxton, lots to tell you re Flying and people that we both know.....(Backtrack)....are you and your wife coming to the Renmark Gliding Club get together on this Friday night????? Ring and let me know 2moro, Cheers Studentbiggles (Alley) 0408773471...85864491.....3rd lesson on Wed went "REALY" well....Very pleased with my manoeuvres and landing procedures:clap:CFI (Gary)...Will tell you all about it

Welcome studentbiggles and congratulations on taking your first steps to fulfil a dream.

I bet you laid in bed going over, and over your first flight. I think we all did.

If anyone asks whether you're the Riverland Girl? DENY IT IMMEDIATELY!

If you read the Never Ending Story thread, you'd soon find out why this make-believe character is so popular.

It's good fun, and the supposed-to-be grown up boys get a bit carried away sometimes.

Take care, and every good wish for your future training.

Kind Regards

Planey