FUEL MIZER programming instructions??

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Can anyone help in supplying an operators manual for a 'Fuel Mizer" (now Northstar) I have sold one to a forum member with the hope that he could download instructions from the net. This is proving to be tricky, so we are looking for an easier way out.

Any help would be appreciated, either reply back to this thread, or alternatly post direct to the new owner under his forum name "Old Koreelah". Thanking you all..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks GraemeK and slarti, Just got you'r replys after a week away, yes looks like your info will be handy. My friend has also contacted me and advises he may have downloaded the right info. THANKS A LOT, Cheers, The Major........................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

No Dog. Couldn't be simpler.

Fill with fuel, and reset it to the amount you now know is in there while warming up.

Leave it on the rate display while flying.

Press the total button if you want to cross check the amount your gauge tells you is left.

I find it invaluable.

Does that mean you'd still like me to scan it and send it Maj - or has he got it now?

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks Slarti, hang off just for the moment on scanning as I think he's right now. If he does get back to me I'll PM you ok. Thanks mate. Cheers.........................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Connected but a bit off thread.

Have one... worked for while...stopped. Fitted new rotor assy...worked for about 2hr...stopped.

Both times fuel qty showing but fuel flow nearly zero... any ideas???

Guest Maj Millard

HEON, don't know a lot about them but I believe they do have to be situated a certain distance after the fuel filter. I guess they may need an uninterupted flow of fuel for a consistant reading ?...................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

HEON, I have had a Mizer for a couple of years now and it has worked fine as an additional fuel indicator. (Can scan the Instructions if anybody requires). Sounds like your unit has a problem if it shows remaining fuel OK but no flow figures. You could try a recalibration which might jog it back into action.

The Mizer flow sensor should to be fitted prior to the fuel pumps. Mine is between the electric and mechanical pumps and reads high when the electric pump is on - I think the pressure pulses in the fuel line cause the rotor to speed up.

Alan

Guest Maj Millard

Bushman, Thanks, if you get a chance you could fax to 07 47 76 3609 , no hurry mate, Cheers The Major...............................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

You'r awesome bushman !.......................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif:thumb_up:

Slarti,

Yes, the idea is simple. Try resetting it.

Someone I know and have flown with for a while has one and they are disgusting to reset.

Pressing the two buttons at the same time is near impossible and you spend more time trying than actually doing.

Not my idea of "user friendly".

Slarti,Yes, the idea is simple. Try resetting it.

Someone I know and have flown with for a while has one and they are disgusting to reset.

Pressing the two buttons at the same time is near impossible and you spend more time trying than actually doing.

Not my idea of "user friendly".

I reset it every time I load fuel and have no problems doing so.

I can't fault the little bugger and would hate to not have it.

Fuel Mizer manual

Thanks fellas, I guess I'm the bloke some of these messages are about. I received a manual from the Bushman and also downloaded one from the site you blokes found.

Looks like the variations in facia and brand name are superficial; both manuals are identical. I used both to test the Mizer unit today and it works well, calibrated accurately.

I need it because in flight it's quite hard to see fuel sloshing about in my see-thru wing tanks.

Thanks,

Old Koreelah