Running dual throttles

I was just wondering on what most people do if they want to run dual throttles on both ends of the instrument panel,,, the only thing I can find on the aircraft spruce site seems to be those "TRIKESLIDE DUAL THROTTLE MIXERS" .... do builders just usually run 1 throttle ?

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon Brett

Wondering what you exact plans for the dual throttle, I am building a Terrier with dual throttles and I had to make a lot of the parts myself.

If you need a plan of the happening give me a call.

Regards,

Keith Page

Dual throttles.

For side-by-side they are a lot of extra work. The skyranger has made them very substantial. IF you can make do with one, that is the way to go. Simple is best.

Tandem is easy as it is just a continuation of the run.(extend with a rod/tube)

Both pilots can reach a centre mounted throttle. Bigger aircraft, even when operated with two pilots, do not duplicate the throttles and pitch levers. Nev

Have a look at how the Jab's have them set up. Don't know if they are the best but a lot of Jab's out there thus should be easy to get a look at how they do it.

I personally lean towards one centrally located as two can get VERY interesting if opposite imputs are put in at the same time in instructor/student type situations.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys,,, however I have been thinking ,at the end of the day why do I want my passenger to have a throttle anyway? think I will just run the center stick as normal and throttle on the left,,seems most comfy when I fly that way anyhow so why make it more technical than I need to I suppose...

• 1 month later...

G'day Brett

I see Mat has referred to my Skyranger build. The dual thottle set up is not that difficult to make. The right throttle piggy backs on the left via a auminum rod behind the dash. My blog has pics (i think) The Conscious Pilot's Skyranger Build Project

Friarpuk