The NATFLY location for 2010-2011-2012 is official: Temora, NSW!

Admin

There will be more in-depth information about the new venue published in the October issue of Recreational Aviation Australia and on the web site.

Meanwhile, for those who want to get accommodation organised for the April 2–4, 2010 event:

NATFLY ACCOMMODATION AT TEMORA

To find out more, and to book your room, please contact Ann Pike at the Temora Tourist Information Office. Ann has details on motels, hotels, B&Bs, home-stays and much more!

Email [email protected] or telephone 02 6977 1511.

(Contrary to rumours there is currently plenty of accommodation available in Temora — however you are advised not to delay for too long or there may be limited choices.)

Nrm will be spewing..

In one of Ian's other reports on this he advised that Narromine didn't submit a tender/proposal by the closing date.

Just perhaps they were taking it as for-granted as the Natfly fuel prices seemed to indicate to many of us over recent years.

Either way, they can't complain too much ... although I note on Barry's messages in his forum profile that he was pushing for a vote of the membership, rather than it being decided by the Board.

There is a camping area right next to the Aero Club, within the Airport grounds, and I assume that camping under the wing will be permitted as they did at Narromine, as that is essential (in my opinion) for the success of an event such as this.

I booked a site at the Temora Airfeild Tourist Park yesterday. Sites only at this park, seems they are still available for easter. I have camped there overnight before, they have good facilities including a good camp kitchen. Recommended.

Bookings can be made by telephoning the caretaker on 02 9878-0255 during business hours or 0418 780 251 after hours

Erik

I booked a site at the Temora Airfeild Tourist Park yesterday. Sites only at this park, seems they are still available for easter. I have camped there overnight before, they have good facilities including a good camp kitchen. Recommended.Bookings can be made by telephoning the caretaker on 02 9878-0255 during business hours or 0418 780 251 after hours

Erik

:confused: I tried ringing that number & it just rang out. :idea:Used the mobile & booked in that way but was told the number should read: 02 6978 0255 :thumb_up:

Hope I got it right :big_grin:

Cheers

H

Guest Maj Millard

I can only hope that the Narromine folks have been informed by RAAus with the appropriate style and class, and that we have not 'burnt our bridges' so to speak.

Especially after all the help and assistance they have given our organization over the years.

I would imagine that there will still be the need for our members to drop in there for fuel etc. on the way to Tamora ?.............................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I can only hope that the Narromine folks have been informed by RAAus with the appropriate style and class, and that we have not 'burnt our bridges' so to speak.Especially after all the help and assistance they have given our organization over the years.

I would imagine that there will still be the need for our members to drop in there for fuel etc. on the way to Tamora ?.............................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Given that this relocation to Temora is for 3 years only, I would expect the RAA to be totally civil to the Narromine folks, and Narromine might even still have support or sympathy at some levels of the RAA, given the long working relationship that was established over past events.

But what are you hinting at with your final para, Madge? Do you really expect that Barry wouldn't sell his fuel because our member is on his way to Temora, or the Caravan Park wouldn't sell them a site or accommodation? ...... I doubt that will be an issue, and the prices might even be back to "normal" levels.

(I know a couple of our members who went into Dubbo for fuel last Natfly, before coming into Narromine. That says a lot, I reckon, and I would do the same on principal next time, if that pricing policy continues.)

Guest Qwerty

I agree with your sentiment Maj, but I wont be dropping in for fuel, I will plan around not refuelling at Naromine....wherever Natfly is.

I can understand a premium price on fuel at William Creek or Arkaroola.....but Naromine, come on thats just a blatant ripoff. I suspect that the supplier will ultimately pay the price.

Guest Maj Millard

I've only had to get fuel off Barry once some years back. He was quite helpfull on that occasion, but I haven't had any recent experience to go on....................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif