Flight Bag

A bit about my bag.1. It is collapsible. IE. not hard sides. This is so when I take out my big stuff it takes up very little room.

2. Don't bother with lots of pockets. Carry your flight planning stuff in a pencil case. Then there is only one place to look for it! My pencil case is big enough to hold my whiz wheel, maps, weight and balance sheet (laminated), pens, pencils, spare headset battery, etc.

My current bag was $5 at a cheap as chips type place and only has one pocket. The pocket has my sunglasses, small binoculars, PLB and a small camera in it. that fills that up. The main part of the bag has my cap, kneeboard, headset and ERSA and 500ml water bottle.

My bag has a lot in it but everything is really easy to get to :-)

That sounds like a great bag. Is it possible to post a picture of this bag?

Darky, flew into and out of Lilydale on tuesday this week. Make sure the bag has room for some water wings. Not often you see a lake instead of one of the runways at an airport. Pity you didn't have a float plane at the feild, you could have done that endorsement!!!

Darky, flew into and out of Lilydale on tuesday this week. Make sure the bag has room for some water wings. Not often you see a lake instead of one of the runways at an airport. Pity you didn't have a float plane at the feild, you could have done that endorsement!!!

haha, yes there's a fairly large puddle at the end of 36L 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

... a lake instead of one of the runways ...

Yeah - my instructor kept making jokes about how I was floating down the runway too much!

Happens a bit in winter unfortunately - usually resulting in closing the runway, although it was in use Friday, there's a displaced threshold on 18R anyway.

Bigger problem ATM is that our taxiways are so cut up we are backtracking on the runways, there's also a big mudpatch developing near the threshold of 18L.

Upside is at least we are getting some much-needed rain ....

The bag i bought from Clearprop- Flight Line- has been fantastic.Excellent quality.I bought The big one, (they come in smaller sizes) because it has mutliple pockets.Things like ERSA, maps etc all have a specific compartment.I fly solo alot, so i put in the seat beside me, with the seatbelt around it. It is probably to big for a Jab 160, luggage area, but fine if you like to have all your gear in one bag.

I went to K-Mart or similar and purchased an extra-large "pencil case" Its about the size of an average notebook computer, has a "ring binder" inside to hold anything you want to punch holes in.

It fits many maps, a couple of rulers, large flight computer etc etc. Its basically a material covered folder.. and cost somewhere aroung $15.00 ...

As long as you don't mind the "sufie" motifs on the outside....040_nerd.gif.a6a4f823734c8b20ed33654968aaa347.gif It fits comfortably behind the seat or on the passenger floor...

Guest milton56

I use a smallish laptop bag, it's got several sections and a few side pockets (good for water bottle, spare jocks if needed). Maps etc in one section, nav comp, plb etc in others. Works great and cheap, it was my sons computer bag, LOL.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Milton