OK, whose interested?

After flying down to Evans Head on Sunday, it became apparent to me that we should have more opportunities to fly in somewhere and enjoy the comradrie of those like minded..After talking with some of the locals here in Dalby, the suggestion that I would like to air for a response would be either a Sunday Breakfast or Saturday afternoon BBQ with an option for those flying in to pitch a tent underwing or take up one of the many accommodation options in town. Not to clash with the Straddy breakfast, I would plan ours say on the first weekend of the month. Maybe to go hand in hand with this would be say a flyers bazaar where you can bring things to sell, swap or buy. So what do you reckon? 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Great idea Dunlop, Its a done deal.

The first "Recreational Flying Saturday BBQ and Sunday Breakie" is on 6th and 7th Feb 2010 at Georgetown airport, camping and BBQ available.....See you there.

Qwerty strikes again.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Great idea Dunlop, Its a done deal.The first "Recreational Flying Saturday BBQ and Sunday Breakie" is on 6th and 7th Feb 2010 at Georgetown airport, camping and BBQ available.....See you there.

Qwerty strikes again.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif

Them Taswegians are going to look real surprised when the SEQ airforce put in an appearance all demanding brekkie!

www.qraa.info[/url]

Excellent, I forgot about the club at massie. I was thinking about putting something together on the first weekend Feb here at Dalby, and wanted to gauge how many would be interested. I am also happy to support other's efforts, although might be a bit far to go and see qwerty this time around. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest skyspud

I was thinking about putting something together on the first weekend Feb here at Dalby, and wanted to gauge how many would be interested.

I live in Dalby, so will be there.

skyspud

Go fast and take chances

Sounds like a goer, we can get informal things like this happening at different venues, should be a lot of fun and to tie it in with other threads, those that have spare seats can advertise in the trip section:thumb_up:

Guest Walter Buschor

What a great idea. Cannot make it fist weekend of Feb. as I'n returning from europe on the Friday before. Any other time is a goer! Again - a great idea!

Guest studentbiggles

Hi Qwerty....I've thought of a "Presie" you could buy me for my new "Baby Dolls".....A set of "Lifejackets"!!!...So I can come on down!!!A funny thing, I was only talking on Sunday with a pilot about flying down your way later on in the year with a couple of the AWPA girls and he suggested I invest in a set.....I've lots of gos to tell you????...takes too long to type, give us a bell on land or mob when you get a chance Cheers Alley.

Make use of the "events" section of this site.

Don't forget to enter whatever you all organise into the Events section of the Forum .... or PM me with the details and I'll put it in for you.

Don't forget to enter whatever you all organise into the Events section of the Forum .... or PM me with the details and I'll put it in for you.

Will do as soon as I finalise times etc, :thumb_up:

Ken, tried to phone and went to phone turned off message, will try again later:big_grin: (spoke to Ken)

OK..organised..Now in the events section Sunday Feb 7th starting at 8:30am would like to get rsvps so we can get an idea of numbers..should be fun..

What are the strips like at Dalby? Length, surface etc.

Main Strip is 13/31 - 1269 metres long bitumen good condition

cross strip is 04/22 - 914 metres long bitumen with typical black soil undulations.

If it has rained, stay on bitumen and gravel taxiways due soft and boggy....

Avgas bowser operator accepts cash and cheque only, no carnet/credit card facility.

Aerodrome gets Kingairs, Citations, Trojans, Yaks, Metros, PC-9s, PC12s etc so should be up to whatever we bring in:blush:

Mazda, the elevation is only 1140 feet above mean sea level and the hottest time of day here occurs around 3 pm, then you have the curvature of the earth as the closest hills (bunyas) are miles away so anything you decide to fly here won't be tested too harshly...

so what would you be flying out if you decide to hopefully pay us a visit? :kumbaya:

Guest Cloudsuck
Will do as soon as I finalise times etc, :thumb_up:Ken, tried to phone and went to phone turned off message, will try again later:big_grin: (spoke to Ken)

OK..organised..Now in the events section Sunday Feb 7th starting at 8:30am would like to get rsvps so we can get an idea of numbers..should be fun..

Count me in!

We won't be able to make it until midday, unfortunately. Do you plan on creating a BBQ lunch or is it BYO? picnic?

C'mon Mazda, if you come It'd be worth it to meet you! :thumb_up:

Oh dear, just realized that the 7th is my Dad's birthday! Mmm that puts me in a bit of a pickle...? :ah_oh:

So it's a very unsure status now if I'll be there! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif Lets hope not :pc strikes back: