I went solo!!!!!!

You'll be next Graeme! :big_grin:

Not after today's lesson I won't 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif (mind you there was about a 15-20 knot crosswind on 18, lots of mechanical turbulence over the trees leading to some interesting turbulence near the threshold of 36). Plus a bit of rain. Still, managed to handle it OK, but not pretty.

Saw your solo entry in 4964's log!

Not after today's lesson I won't 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif (mind you there was about a 15-20 knot crosswind on 18, lots of mechanical turbulence over the trees leading to some interesting turbulence near the threshold of 36). Plus a bit of rain. Still, managed to handle it OK, but not pretty.

It's all good experience :) You never know, they might just be waiting for a good weather day to send you solo!

Saw your solo entry in 4964's log!

eeeeeeee! 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif:big_grin:

Hey! Congratulations! That first solo is great - especially if you are, like me, vertically challenged! That's why we short people like to fly - our only chance to look down on others (that's my excuse anyway). Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Neil

Good on yer, Darky! Glad I can add my congrats too now. I'm pretty sure that I fly better when I talk to myself (and there's nothing wrong with the occasional song too! :) )

Darky,

Congrats on your solo, nothing like the feeling of doing by yourself for the first time(flying i talking here) :)

Just remember as i tell my students you now have a licence to LEARN.

I'm a little jealous :-)

Your turn will come! :)

Probably quicker than mine did! Sometimes I feel like I should be kind of ashamed at how long it took... 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif It seems like lots of people measure success in number of hours to solo and even thought I try not to, it feels like I should... :confused:

Well done Darky,

Get back in for your 2nd solo as quickly as you can. In my case I left it for several weeks or a month or so and my landing on my 2nd solo was . . . well lets just say I got quantity and not quality, all in the one circuit.

:black_eye:

Guest Maj Millard

Eastmeg is right Darky, get some more solo time as soon as you are ready, even if it is just a circut or three...........................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

The current plan is to stay in circuits until I have 3 hours PIC circuit time up - so something like half a mission dual, half solo but I suppose it'll depend on weather and crosswinds and stuff

Can't wait to go solo again though :big_grin:

Guest eland2705

Congrats Darky, Been watching your progress through the forum. Great feeling being an "aviator" ain't it.

Never mind the singing and stuff, it's when you pat the dash and say things like "good girl, that was a nice circuit" or "Sorry, that was a terrible landing, I'll do better next time" like she was a living thing, that you know your a nutter (about aeroplanes). Welcome to the club.

Guest Sharp End
Never mind the singing and stuff, it's when you pat the dash and say things like "good girl, that was a nice circuit" or "Sorry, that was a terrible landing, I'll do better next time" like she was a living thing, that you know your a nutter (about aeroplanes).

You must have been flying with Mazda! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Well done Darky... good feeling isn't it!

Never mind the singing and stuff, it's when you pat the dash and say things like "good girl, that was a nice circuit" or "Sorry, that was a terrible landing, I'll do better next time" like she was a living thing, that you know your a nutter (about aeroplanes). Welcome to the club.

I was doing that too :big_grin: Stuff like "We're a bit too high here, let's go down a bit ok?" when I was too high on downwind 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Cliff Tait wrote a book called Flight of the Kiwi about his solo flight around the world. The whole book is written in the plural - "we" flew to a particular airport. The "we" is Cliff and his aircraft. He felt they were on an adventure together. There's nothing wrong with that!

There's nothing wrong with singing either!

Well to put you all at ease... I talk to myself (quite regularly!) when doing things on my own. Then if there is someone there, obviously I'm talking to them then instead of me! :big_grin:

I don't think I sing though i_dunno I would no doubt put myself to sleep if I did that, so I steer away from it... :big_grin:

I reckon they do listen and it's not you flying the plane, it's both of you flying together :big_grin:

Cliff Tait wrote a book called Flight of the Kiwi about his solo flight around the world. The whole book is written in the plural - "we" flew to a particular airport. The "we" is Cliff and his aircraft. He felt they were on an adventure together. !

awww, that's just lovely :thumb_up:

• 1 month later...