Newbie Adelaide Jabiru Recreational Pilot

Catsy

Hey everyone... Hi! My names Catsy! (love cats just as much as I love flying!)

Ive been flying Jabiru J160's and J170's for just over a year now at Gawler airfield just out of Adelaide, South Australia. I presently have just over 60hours total flying and am doing my nav and pax endorsements!

Are there any people form Adelaide on this forum??

(BTW: not sure how this forum works as yet, but each new person seemed to have their own thread... so here's mine!!! Sorry if this isnt the way you roll!! :-P)

Happy Flying everyone!

Cheers, Catsy! :-)

Hiya Catsy. Well you've done all the right things, I mean landing upright on all 3 wheels in "just landed", so you passed the first test. I assume jabirus have 3 wheels?

Yes I'm from Adelaide, but call myself an Australian, & now live in Ballarat Vic (not so very far away).

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

Hi Catsy and welcome. I too have a fondness for cats and flying. My Black and white mate often sits on my lap when I browse the forums. Have you taken your cat for a fly Jab yet.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Regards, Bob

Hey everyone... Hi! My names Catsy! (love cats just as much as I love flying!)Ive been flying Jabiru J160's and J170's for just over a year now at Gawler airfield just out of Adelaide, South Australia. I presently have just over 60hours total flying and am doing my nav and pax endorsements!

Are there any people form Adelaide on this forum??

(BTW: not sure how this forum works as yet, but each new person seemed to have their own thread... so here's mine!!! Sorry if this isnt the way you roll!! :-P)

Happy Flying everyone!

Cheers, Catsy! :-)

Fancy meeting you here!

:P

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! Have to let more Gawler people know about this forum. Never knew about it!!

I'm most fond of Tigers! So fear not!

....and BlackRod.. well.. what can I say...??? your signature says it all!! LoL!

Welcome to The Wolf also!! hehe.. he just signed up and was also the one who informed me of the site!! Thumbs up to ya!:-)

:-D

hello!! How do you add an avatar pic?? Im searching everywhere... I must be blind...

Thankyou!:-)

Ahh.. never mind!!! I found it... and siggy update also! LoL!

If you seek you shall find!

And sorry.. i will no longer double post! I am aware how annoying this is!

Soaring High! :-)

In the blue horizontal menu bar across the top under the header there is a link on the left called "My Links". Click that and select "Edit Avatar" in the drop down menu.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kevin the Penniless

Hello Catsy. I fly out of Gawler most weekends. I own a Jabiru J170 (24-7252) I bought new last October. We probably know each other but your not giving much away on this forum. Oh, I like cats too, roasted with potatoes and mint jelly and a fine wine. (Just joking so don't get all rowdy;-) ). Skydiving , right, I think I know who you are now. My brother was a sky diving instructor in Darwin in the 80s. He persuaded me to do a few jumps, no buddy jumps back then. Quite a blast but I prefer landing in the plane these days.

Hey Kevin!

Yeah! Its Chantal! Sue's student! :p Net alias has been Catsy! since High school! :D

I know who you are.. I was there the day you flew the beauty in for the first time!

You eat Cats!!! :( Y you liddle... lol...

Yeah... Ive caught the flying bug... and seems I might have caught the sky diving bug too:-( Am thinking about jumping again... just thinking... but would dearly love to!!! Landing a parachute is just as much fun!!!

Thanks Jabiru Phil... Loxton... hmm... im not too far off getting my navs... in the next few months! I was just discussing, only two days ago, with my instructor that we usually dont have aircrafts booked on sundays, that I wouldn't mind hiring it and flying somewhere on the sunday having lunch, then flying back!! Sounds perfect!! :D

Guest Pioneer200

Kev mate, looks like you came in high and fast and floated and then I can't work out what happened, a few bounces?? ,then ??? what caused the quick left movement off the runway, ??? I would have had a bit of a sweat up if i was in the right seat mate:exclamation:exclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gifexclamation.gif.15cca54a67cbd47ca3b5897bbc7b8e75.gifexclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gif

Fast, too steep, didn't get the nose up high enough - all pear shaped for reasons I can't explain, wasn't on the turps the previous night! The left turn was propellor torque, hard to see but there's a dude running for his life in that video, just as I hit the throttle.

my god... that was.. well... XXXX mate!! heading back to the hangers early!!! Ouch! What happened??? It bounced a few times... too much throttle??? moving left... must've been too much throttle...

Lucky you came outta that one! Yep.. saw the dude running... Wow!!

When did that happen??? Last weekend??? was way too windy to fly...

Yep.. 100th Jump.. a lot of ppl become cocky at their 100th jump.. is that it?? lol... dunno if i'll ever make it to my 100th jump... if i win the lotto and invest it wisely perhaps!! LoL!!!

Take Care! See you on sunday if ur there.. too hot on saturday to fly.. moving it to sunday!

That landing was last Sunday morning in nil wind and turbulence, it's also the worst I've ever made. My instructor at Parafield showed how to get out of bad bounces and porpoising fairly early in my training. Lesson learnt 'don't rush the approach'.

Traditionally (with the Darwin parachute club at least) the 100th jump is done wearing nothing but the parachute, helmet and sandshoes. Might be 33 degrees on the ground but at 12,000 feet it can get a little chilly....

Sheesh! Thank goodness we have our great instructors!! Never had that happen before! Fingers Crossed! :p I always prefer it to be a bit more windy rather than no wind... aircraft flies better in general, and landings are that bit more easier! Often not even needing any power! :D

Darwin Parachute club! LoL! Insane! Nothing but the parachute... I think not! LoL! Not doing my 100th jump there! (In the event that that actually happens!!):p

G'day Ballpoint! Cheers for the welcome n words of wisdom!!

Take Care! :-D

• 6 months later...

Hello Catsy. I still have a DVD I made from that exciting trip to Truro Flats a few months back, be sure to grab it from me when you're out next at the club.

Hello!

Short of knowing where to reply (as this is the nembie thread) Im not too sure when I'll be out next! Its the show season, so im now out most weekends doing some sort of show work.. adel show this weekend... so yes... workwise... 7days a week everyday for the next while!

Take Care.. I'll get there as soon as I can though!

Cheers for the msg! :-)

Catsy! :-)