Anyone else get worse before they got better?

• 1 month later...

Hey, guess what?

You really do get better with practise!

Had my first solo circuit this morning (actually a circuit and a half, but that's another story).

Can't keep the smile off my face.

Cheers

Mick

Hey Mick,

Congratulations! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif The smile will hang around for a long time!

All the best with the rest of your training.

Cheers

Neil

four stages of competency, i use this all the time and it amazes me the number of people who do not get it, some times i just give up and go on but for sure if more understood those four rules many things besides flying would be vastly improved, maybe even posts here, smile.

Hey, guess what?You really do get better with practise!

Had my first solo circuit this morning (actually a circuit and a half, but that's another story).

Can't keep the smile off my face.

Cheers

Mick

Congratulations! I'd like to know the story of the other 'half' a circuit 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

-Andrew

Congratulations! I'd like to know the story of the other 'half' a circuit 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif-Andrew

After my instructor threw me the keys and said "take her around the block" I went up and did a fairly reasonable circuit.

I was lined up on Final and preparing for my best landing ever ;) when the Tower told me to go around. I thought I had done something wrong, so put the power on and prepared for another circuit. Got an instruction for an early crosswind and join mid-downwind, then set up another Final. Put it down quite tidily.

On the ground my instructor assured me I had done nothing wrong, and it was some other traffic that resulted in the go-around instruction (although I didn't really get a full explanation). It seems he wasn't too impressed with the Tower given that it was my first solo. But I had no problem coping with it, all ended well and I got a lap and a half for my first time up alone.

Cheers

Mick

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stevo

stevo

Hi mate ! All my other mates with many more hrs than me have assured me that i will eventually click ! with what I'm doing . Well they were sort of right from time to time. Mate, the way i see it is that the longer i practice it the better i will eventually get.Each time i go for a lesson i must remind myself that I'm doing this because i always wanted to fly ! It's not that easy to learn to fly, but there is a heap of people doing it so why can't we be one of them eventually, if you know what i mean ! Cheers mate.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif