Plane crash near Laidley?

Phildo

Photo of aircraft from a couple of years ago.

JetPhotos.Net Photo » 19-4722 (CN: 002) Private Little Aeroplane L'il Tinny by Robert Frola

Obviously home designed and built.

Last I heard, she was in a critical condition in hospital, but is expected to survive.

She has obviously had some problem, and just because the engine was still running doesn't mean that it wasn't engine trouble. From what I could see, looks like most damage is to the nose and left wing.

While it's natural for us all to be interested and concerned, we might just have to wait till the investigation is complete to know for sure what happened.

There was an article in Pacific flyer back in 2008 (I think) about that aircraft and its twin. Home designed and built for about $12,000 per plane all up I think. I believe the first one the guy built won an award at Natfly a few years back.

Hope the pilot survives!

Nothing heard yet. I guess eventually someone will let us know of her circumstances. Do we have her name yet?Must have hit hard, poor lady.

Phil.

Mate you can find her name in the Savannah down near Kilcoy thread. Post # 14

Guest Maj Millard

I'm still waiting to hear about the one six months ago in Vic......but it all went quiet...Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Also, see additional post under heading 'Sticky:

Guest Maj Millard

I believe from prev posts that the engine in this aircraft was a 503, normally quite reliable and well suited to this application. Fuel problem ??. I haven't heard any real bad news about the pilot, so can only assume that's good news ?.................................Maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif