External power connector

BigPete

G'day Jabiru lovers! :heart:

I have seen quite a few of the newer Jabiru aircraft with an external power connector :thumb_up: exposed thru the cowl. What is it actually called, question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif where can I buy one question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif and how much should I pay question.gif.c2f6860684cbd9834a97934921df4bcb.gif

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Pete,

I haven't seen the latest, but if it is a grey 2 pole plug it is an "Anderson Plug" available at most auto accessory stores.

They have one that is good for connecting a charger, but not big enough to jump with, and another that would connect jumper leads thru the plug.

I put mine on the side of the air outlet ducts that are in the underside front of the fuselage and therefore out of sight.

Hope this helps.

Regards Geoff

Another way

Go to Supercheap and buy a length of battery cable (it's about 1 m) that will stretch from the battery, +ve down the firewall to under the cockpit. Attach it with cable ties. You will have to drill a few holes in the front cockpit floor.

Then you can put the charger (or jumper lead) +ve on the end of this lead and the -ve on the exhaust pipe. No special plugs required.

Works for me. Photo could be arranged if description unclear.

IB

Leads

I can imagine an aircraft with a busted U/C leg sitting in a pool of Avgas with two live connections to the battery under the cabin floor or very near it. 032_juggle.gif.8567b0317161503e804f8a74227fc1dc.gif 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Purpose.

It's one thing to have a connection for charging, but are you wanting to use a supporting battery to "crank' the motor? If so, you will need one wire which is fairly heavy section and a good earth point.. Closer to the battery the better, to save weight, for the live connection, and as pointed out, it is an unprotected circuit, Nev

To be more specific ... the end of my cable would be described as "bottom of the firewall" ie "top of the bottom of the cockpit" if that makes sense. In behind my toes like. Just so I can get a lead on to it. The exhaust pipe works fine as an earth point for me.

• 2 months later...

Goeff,

I have also had problems starting my J230 on cold mornings. I have not done any of the mods. I find that when I hook up the jumper leads it starts in 1/2 a revolution. I have a 50 amp Anderson plug which I intended to hook up so that I could use a jumper pack without removing the cowl and so forth. Do you believe that the 50 amp plug is sufficient?

Regards

Danny

I have done as IANBOAG has - but ran the cable through fire sleeve and secured with saddle clamp to fuselage below firewall - safe as houses.