Hi All... new to the sport

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing that choosing to depart the Earth for the heavens implies the responsibility of a safe return to Terra Firma, brings forth many emotions that tangle and weave in our minds.

This will be my last lesson entry into this thread. Today has left me light headed and giddy as to what I really feel. It will take time to sort out these many mixed emotions.

Feeling of heavy commitment after making the choice to roll and become airborne, knowing the rest of the flight will be totally in your PIC hands.

Solitude, loneliness, responsibility, freedom, joy, jubilation, overwhelming and of course, accomplishment!

This is not the end of a journey, but merely the closing of a chapter as the real journey now gets into full throttle and takes flight.

Yes - you guessed I hope... solo - two beautiful circuits - runway 11, YHBA.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement.

Weather: SSW 4kts. Showers in area.

• Like 1

I reckon you need a new avatar now...[ATTACH]20226[/ATTACH]

Man,

Machine,

Sky...

Nothing else,

Daza.

014_spot_on.gif.1f3bdf64e5eb969e67a583c9d350cd1f.gif

Your next mate! Did you get a video this morning or only photo? I look so alone... AWESOME!!

I'll be posting an inflight video shortly!

Fred,How do I find this airstrip in the ERSA? Childers is not on Airservices ERSAs online either. Or is the airstrip known by a different name?

crayonbox To find the Childers Airstrip,do yourself a favour and get the book i got,its called the Queensland Country Airstrip Guide 11th edition, the book is

2 inches thick full of non towered airstrips which is full of imfo on all the country airstrips in Queensland, 3000 in fact.You can get the book on this site,The recreational flyer or Budget pilot supplies for $65.Looks like fun dodging the meadow cakes on Marks strip.

Sorry they are $59 at Budget Pilot Supplies, even cheaper and they are all unlicenced Airfields where most you do not need permission,if you do need

permission the names and contact phones are on there.I am going up the Cape York Penninsular next year with my aerochute and this book will be

great.

Well done Stuart, we're all proud of you mate:cheers: , and no doubt you're feeling a bit chuffed yourself.

And rightly so! It goes up a bit quicker without the big bugger in the back seat.

Can't wait for my next trip up to the bay, when i'll be twisting your arm a bit.

So all those trials , tribulations and uncertainties have have finaly paid off for you.

Now it's practice, practice, practice.

Kind regards

Planey

Congrats on your first solo Stu, it is always a very special moment.

The video is great too, but am I the only one a bit horrified at your instructor wearing thongs???

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Final update - I am no longer a 'student'.

I now have a license to learn!

All exams and Check Flight completed with flying colours.

What a wonderful day...................

• Like 1

Fantastic, nothing holding you back now. Navs next ? Eric

Yep, i'll first enjoy and get some hours and do passenger and then navs. Can't really believe i am finally a pilot. Something Ive dreamt of all my life. Better later than never.

• Like 1

Hi Crayonbox

Great video of your solo. The aircraft leap off the ground without that second person in the them dont they 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif. When I can get back to some flying I will shoot up to Hervey Bay I havent flown into there before ...it looks pretty good

Hi CrayonboxGreat video of your solo. The aircraft leap off the ground without that second person in the them dont they 029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif. When I can get back to some flying I will shoot up to Hervey Bay I havent flown into there before ...it looks pretty good

When are you likely to fly again. Be good to meet you here when you do come up.

Keep healing.