The Diary of Jack Flyer

flyerme

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he buy that thruster new? i don't remember fitting 3 bladed props to Robin powered T83s

Yes oz , your right, he was offered ( and accepted)a brolga GRP replacement propeller for trialing .

Low points.

Working butt off building other peoples machines while everyone else was out flying.

Making Sweet FA.

All the experts that came out of the woodwork between 1983 and 1986.

Beware... You tend to remember the high points and not so much the very low ones. Being younger helps you to get out there and do things as you have a lot of things to prove then. Nev

Yep ... we were invincible in those days. Couldn't see the risks and dangers for looking. It is a miracle I am alive today at my current age given what I did when i was "invincible". I lost a few of my invincible mates along the way and often reminisce what would have been if they were still with us today ... sigh. " ....There but for the grace of God go I ......."

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

You'll be able to buy a real aircraft with all the profits mate. Ka Ching.

Risks and dangers! Yep Dave i wonder to how i got this far not just the teaching myself how to fly, it was also the early blind leading the blind days of hang gliding i managed to get through and then the still pioneer days of skydiving with learning being just a briefing on the ground then tossed out the aircraft by yourself to work it out. Not like today with two instructors hanging onto you and an auto opener to back your brain up when it overloaded and seized. Then there was all the new equipment that seemed to change every week, some worked some didn't. Oh well just another reserve ride. Even did pretty good as a GA AME. Read the manual and when in doubt use a bigger hammer. Never had anything fall off or engine crap itself. All just pure ass dumb luck.

image.jpg.4edc1f3db5d4e76b5b1a9316f88439ac.jpg Sounds like theres quite a few of us old ( experienced pilot aviators )out there with a strory to tell ,

Im in Adelaide now aranging for a next weekend film shoot at Druidvale with a last year chinees film making uni student at an atempt to tell the AVOCET story for ABC OPEN .

Mike

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

It's still being proof read :( But I understand it could take a while with them spelling and grammer errors .. Lol

Pa just finished reading it ,and gave it a massive thumbs up. He also would love to see it in a movie and the real intro makes it much more film worthy.

He said - it was non stop action, with plenty laughs , and even some tears! Yep Pa admitted to sheading a few tears. He said it reminded him of both Biggles and Walter mitty( Walter who? Oh quick google and I see). Hanging to publish...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Why not publish the book yourself, sell the rights to yourself and produce and direct a movie, and then produce a musical.You could employ yourself to write, play and conduct your own music.

Strewth......you could earn a small fortune and keep it all to yourself. No need to outsource for any of the actors musicians or pilots.

Can I be your agent or do you have that covered as well?

• Winner 1