Trike flyer

Declan

Welcome Declan,

This is a large Country, the largest island continent in the world, similar land mass to the USA. It takes me 23 hours non stop driving from my home on the Central Coast of NSW to my son's home in Port Lincoln in South Australia, 12 hours to drive form my home North to Brisbane and similar time South to Melbourne. Does that give you some idea?

What State or area do you plan to live in and we can start from there. There is virtually no weather west of the great divide on the East Coast of Australia, almost always flying conditions, but you have to like the dry and the heat.

G'day Declan,

What David forgot to mention is that when he says 23 hours driving to Port Lincoln, he means 23 hours driving at 100 KPH in a relatively straight line. It's not like Ireland, Mate. But it is a great place for the Irish... Come on down and have a look around,,, shouldn't take more than but a year or three to do that...

Welcome Declan, The economy is not the best here either at the moment.

Oh Dazza ... come on, don't be a Pooh Bah ... we don't want to scare the Irish lad off do we ... The Irish are the good guys ... it those damn Brits you have to worry about ... ROFL

Hi Declan,

If you are contemplating moving to Australia, obviously you would have done research and know a bit about the place. However, just a few statistics. The area of Ireland is 70280 sq km, the Australian mainland is 7.69 million sq km, or about 109 times the size of Ireland. To put this in perspective, Tasmania, the island state below the mainland is 68401 sq m, just a little smaller than Ireland.

Australia is vast enough to accommodate most types of environment, from rain forest to desert, rugged mountains to vast plains as flat as a tabletop. While our mountains are very low by world standards, they are extremely rugged, and many areas are only accessable on foot. I would suggest you check out Youtube or Google videos for Australian landscapes to get some idea. Then you can decide where you want to settle.

Another important decider is what kind of work you do (to pay for your flying) and where you can get this type of work. The major cities are on the east coast, most mining in the northwest and beef cattle around the centre.

I hope this is helpful.

Cheers,

Peter

David... plenty of work to be had in Mackay in the Tropical North... there are dozens of mines open and opening... if you are involved in the building industry you won't have any trouble finding work up here. And the weather is fine for most of the year.

Guest Darren Masters

G'day Declan and welcome to TAA. Hopefully you find the information you are looking for 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif As mentioned, Australia is a huge country. It is really dependant on what sort of lifestyle/what you are looking for.

Guest BlackRod

G'day Declan, great to hear from the Irish. A great many Australians proudly claim some Irish heritage including me. :biggrin:

I'll make it easy for you Declan. The answer is the Hunter Valley of NSW. It has the best weather (of anywhere in the world), many wonderful Recreational Airfields, plenty of work, best Wineries, wildest women.:sign0147: Really there is no need for research. Come on down! :fest30:

Incidentally, the Australian Agent for Quicksilver GT400/500 is based in a suburb of Newcastle, the "capital" of the Hunter Valley.

I'll make it easy for you Declan. The answer is the Hunter Valley of NSW. It has the best weather (of anywhere in the world), many wonderful Recreational Airfields, plenty of work, best Wineries, wildest women.:sign0147: Really there is no need for research. Come on down! :fest30:.....

Oh good Lord, Don, I'm sorry,,, I didn't know... On top of every thing else, you're a one eyed Hunter Valley biggot b'gorah...

Don't pay too much attention to him Declan... For sure the Hunter Valley is nice in places, but for really great flying country and conditions, you need to get through the Murrurundi Gap (at the top of the Hunter) and go just a bit further North West...

Guest BlackRod
. . . you need to get through the Murrurundi Gap (at the top of the Hunter) and go just a bit further North West...

Murrurundi Gap? That's where the Outback starts isn't it Wayne? :tongue:

I lived up that way for a few years and found the locals pronounce it something like "M'rundee".

They've almost got it down to one syllable - from four! Pretty good effort, eh?

Oh good Lord, Don, I'm sorry,,, I didn't know... On top of every thing else, you're a one eyed Hunter Valley biggot b'gorah...Don't pay too much attention to him Declan... For sure the Hunter Valley is nice in places, but for really great flying country and conditions, you need to get through the Murrurundi Gap (at the top of the Hunter) and go just a bit further North West...

And from there you head North, once you hit the QLD border hang a right and once you hit the ocean, you will have ended up on the Gold Coast.The home of Sushine and Beach Babes. drive.gif.1181dd90fe7c8032bdf2550324f37d56.gif

Hi Declan and welcome

Don't worry about those other guys, they have no idea. The Mid North Coast of NSW is the place to be. Flying along our beaches whale or dolphin spotting or exploring the valleys to the west are just some of the things Trike flyers can expect here.[ATTACH]754.vB[/ATTACH]

Cheers Scotty

IMG_0392.jpg.1ee7be08552c219ae14040fa5ff4473c.jpg

Murrurundi Gap? That's where the Outback starts isn't it Wayne? :tongue:I lived up that way for a few years and found the locals pronounce it something like "M'rundee".

They've almost got it down to one syllable - from four! Pretty good effort, eh?

Not bad at all... Now if'n we could just get you to teach them how to spell it the way they say it...

And the outback starts at M'rundee? I don't think so... But you can hear banjos in the hills around there,,, if'n you listen close...

Well lads I was in Australia twice as a young chap sowing my wild oats,so i know how vast the country is.I do work in the construction industry and i think i could get work in Perth and Brisbane regions.luck of the irish i guess.The weather is the big kill joy of flying here,Iwould look forward to flying in Australia.Ah well see how we got on with this visa. Bye for now

Well lads I was in Australia twice as a young chap sowing my wild oats,so i know how vast the country is.I do work in the construction industry and i think i could get work in Perth and Brisbane regions.luck of the irish i guess.The weather is the big kill joy of flying here,Iwould look forward to flying in Australia.Ah well see how we got on with this visa. Bye for now

Perth is the go Buddy, I work in high rise construction for the last 12 years.(Well i did)There is hardly anywork on the Gold Coast and Brissy.

I will be there soon mate by the looks.Cheers

Hey Don, You watch out for that Dazza fella ... you know what they say about plumbers ... :tuschel::pound:. Sorry Dazz couldn't resist.

Hey Declan ... get your Irish butt over here and we on this great site will look after you.

Let us know when you get your visa and where you are going and we will be able to touch base.

Just remember theaussieaviator.net is the place for all aircraft pilots.