Just yesterday

geoffreywh

I was talking to a bloke at Tooraddin yesterday and he told me all about this site. So here i am.....I'm an almost retired motorcycle mechanic with 50+ years experience and a 2 year old daughter. An incurable tinkerer with a good workshop. (L2 too). I fly a Jodel out of Tyabb. I hate politics and love to fly...

Welcome D11. This is where it's all happening nowadays, poitics free so no issues there.

If you look closely you might recognise the location in my avatar......

Nice day yesterday by the way, perfect weather until the northerly cranked up. Managed to get sunburnt for the first time this sun season.

Rotec make a great throttle body injector, I know a few with them fitted, including a jabiru 3.3. Equally impressed with their radials overall AND they are Australian.

Guest BlackRod

Welcome D11! Two year olds can be a bit of work but the rewards are immeasurable.

Plenty of old bikies on here as well. Flying and motorcycling seem to go together well.

With the most recognizable Tiger in the Country, in that particular position, you better pray CASA doesn't.

Landing iaw current regs it seems to me.

Since the rule change a number of Pitts pilots do the same in order to see the runway. Standard Pitts approach in the USA is to put the wingtip on the piano keys on downwind then close the throttle - belly check fro traffic halfway around. The alternative in the Pitts is an uncomfortable straight sideslip.

Welcome D11.

With the most recognizable Tiger in the Country, in that particular position, you better pray CASA doesn't.

What are you on about? What Tiger? Recognisable?

Guest Darren Masters
Every aviator has had a moustache at some time or other. It's coming up to Movember, time for some of yoo to grow face fungus for charity. You gone through your moustache stage yet Darren?Jodels are a nice machines, what has yours for a power plant D11 Dad?

Ha ha not the moustache phase no, goatee, yes. There are other names for the old goatee but I shall refrain ;) (I'm sure you've heard them anyway). Speaking of which, I have a 2 day growth right now and it's annoying as hell so time for a shave methinks. I went up in a Jodel at my home airfield here in NZ a few mths back. Was alot of fun and I was surprised by what it could do. This one had a Jab in it.

Below: A picture of the Mrs in the Jodel mentioned. God forbid having a pic of me in it!!!

Guest Darren Masters
Gday and welcome to TAA D11Dad!Daz, if you had a Jodel, it would be painted silver eh bro?

Silver would be choice Chainy bro ;) While I'm on phone calls this afternoon you around later Chainy?

My D11 has a 0-200 (which I recently rebuilt) fitted with a B&C starter and alternator. Plus a Rotec TBI unit, that works very well indeed, can't praise it highly enough. Although I have heard of people that couldn't get it to work properly! Maybe they just don't suit every installation. Mine took about 10 minutes to tune in.....G[ATTACH=full]790[/ATTACH]

image_0006.thumb.jpg.d1b4e74e2bb671bebf9bcdf4e036cf16.jpg