Where to get a replacement Drifter wheel spat

mnewbery

I'm looking at fixing the right wheel spat but before I do I want to know how hard it is to get one or two that will fit from somewhere like SkyShop.

Anyone know even what the part number is?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Which side? Fisher's girls had one listed in their stock, may or may not be still there. They had a listing in the classifieds.

Sorry, should have read your post properly. The one in fisher's list is a left one.

Be nice if the drifter factory would actually do something, including simple items such as spats. From what I understand, nothing appears to have eventuated from there, despite my inital relief that there was a backup plan for drifter parts, apart from the master.

Considering I would like some simple engine mount parts for a 503 to 582 conversion, it shouldnt in theory be an issue when the type certificate holder is 3hrs away, yet strangely it appears of little assistance.

Does anyone else have any update on the situation down there? Probably easier to get bits from Lockwoods if we could just comfirm the differences between their drifter and the Austflight.

Dont bother looks better without

G'day mate, well have to agree to disagree on that one, they act as excellent mud guards, hava a look at the underside of a Drifter that has spats and one that doesn't. I also have a mirror fitted to my left hand spat, or as I call it, my ''Fuel guage'' LOL - They will not add 1/10th of a knot of airspeed though hahaha

To answer the original post, I beleive there is a guy called Andy (?) in the northen NSW who has moulds and can make, if you contact Kiwi at Boonah 0438 250 404 I'm pretty sure he knows how to get in touch with him, Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

XP503 you are right there but the back seat driver tends to get it more than the underside of the wings. Always aim for the cow pats when you have a passenger. Another plus for not having them is you can fit oversize rubber on the rims. So almost every landing feels like a good one.

The spats are there to stop rocks going thought our wing skins, which also can't easily be replaced. Also the drifter flies crooked with only one.

I glued the old one back together. It was a crook fit to start off with, the original was a bit too wide and cracked the new gel coat when the last bolt was tightened.

PM me and we will haggle. I know how much replacement ones cost now. I am going to take a mould of any new spats I get. It will be worth it based on the trouble involved so far