Passed BAK

Passed my first theory exam today I have done things backwards apparently. Usually you start with radio and pre solo air law so they will be next. Win a grand total of 4 hours in the log book. Onwards and upwards

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

good job Marc! Nahh, no real order I don't think, just do them in the order they make sense to you in relation to the lessons... for example won't make much sense to do the Nav exam right now, but I think BAK is very relevant given you are now learning about the systems and aerodynamics etc both in the book and in practical application. Yes, onward and upward!! 026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Passed my first theory exam today I have done things backwards apparently. Usually you start with radio and pre solo air law so they will be next. Win a grand total of 4 hours in the log book. Onwards and upwards

Hi Marc,

Well done!

I don't think the order is important - I always go back and re-read stuff at least once anyway. There always seems to be material at the end you needed to know at the beginning, so reading twice is good as the stuff at the beginning will now make more sense.....

Cheers

Neil

• Informative 1

Your BAK can go to AK. I think it will help you at any stage of flying, but surely the earlier the better. How can you do EC and FEC without any AK whether B or more. Have you read "principles of Flight" Kermode.?..Nev

Come on now Nev I work in telecommunications and we are the kings of acronyms but that paragraph was ridiculous. No I haven't read it it took me a month to sound out all the words for my BAK so extra reading I will leave alone for a while. Once I have all my theory subjects passed I might read up on more advanced theory I am kicking around the idea of doing my PPL subjects once I am done. I just need to see what the requirements are to be able to sit the exams. So far I have enjoyed working on my theory it's nice studying for a subject I enjoy.

Marc

Actually, why not kill 2 birds and do the PPL subjects now. The info is the same, just more of it.... in other words, if you get that down, you'll have no trouble with the RAA version of the tests, at least that was my experience. (ex-Telco guy here too cheers!)

I hate TLA's. to.. just testing you MarcK. they are not that difficult to work through. EC is Effect of Controls and FEC is Further or secondary. these will be taught to you at the commencement of your flying training... the Kermode book is an oldie but a goodie. Basic aeronautics in simple terms. Nev