iphone?

I just got a new iphone 5s..... and I'm dumping the house phone. To get broadband (20 gig) I have to have a cute little portable wifi device. Is it feasable to use the maps feature of the ifone and the wifi thingy together as a back up GPS?

• Like 1

If you want to use your iPhone as a backup download the ozrunways app and download the relevant maps for your area. The iPhone has a small screen but would still be better than nothing and ozrunways has lots of other neat handy features. Personally I think if you fly and have an iPhone it would be silly not to have it.

If you load the maps onto phone at home there is no need to take wifi thingy with you

I just got a new iphone 5s..... and I'm dumping the house phone. To get broadband (20 gig) I have to have a cute little portable wifi device. Is it feasable to use the maps feature of the ifone and the wifi thingy together as a back up GPS?

Don't worry about the wifi dongle get a plan with decent download and just use it that way

Are you in one of the dark side spots? I got a great improvement just by attaching a 4G prepaid mobile modem to the existing computer.

I'm doing work all night in New York, and get no dropouts and around 18 Mbps download speed.

I switch back to the ADSL at 1.3 Mbps during the day.

Hi Geoff, look up oz runways app, or avplan is another, can be used as a gps type moving map for supplemental navigation and heaps of other features even without any phone signal

I flew back from Miles QLD to Brisbane as Pax in a Cessna Conquest 2 last Wednesday. I had my Iphone 5 on with Oz runways. We cruised at 19000 feet with a ground speed of 237 Knots. The phone worked very well with no problems what so ever.