Nhill Aerodrome Upgrade

Good to see aviation getting a little money for a change.

Thought I had better comment turb as I noticed you mentioned in another thread at the lack of interest in this good news story:wink:

• Like 1

Agreed, Turbs...good to have a Minister for Aviation who both flies and has the keys to the Treasury!

Gordon has been quietly providing funds for the improvement of a number of airfields around Victoria. I was at Benalla recently when he flew in and had a look a round the museum during an open day.

I hope he can talk some sense into Greater Shepparton Council which currently seems hell-bent on building in the aerodrome here until it can no longer operate.

Kaz

• Like 1

There's an old saying - behaviour rewarded is behaviour repeated, and it would be nice to see him getting some thanks for his interest.

I've seen Gordon sitting with a stack of A4 paper about 200 mm high about 9:30 at night and he had to read every piece and make comments for the parliamentary sitting the next day, so I know how hard he works, and we are getting regular support in Victoria which helps make a difference when a Council decides it might sell off its airfield asset.

Gordon is Assistant Treasurer, so we've got a supporter right up there in the budget area.

• Informative 1

I hope he can talk some sense into Greater Shepparton Council which currently seems hell-bent on building in the aerodrome here until it can no longer operate. Kaz

The area around the northern and western edge is prone to massive overland flooding, but there are still square kilometres where they could have put their housing, but every Council has its own little quirks as I found out many years ago when I was trying to help a Promoter revive the Showgrounds with a Speedway.

Thats great news Turbo, good on him.

Pity we don't have someone like him in NSW

Shortsighted Councils can only seem to see the dollar signs from selling off airports for housing and commercial developments.

Building a replacement for it somewhere else, never seems to come into the equation.

I'm sending a brief email to him personally via the website in Turbo's original post, to congratulate him on his efforts.

It would be nice if others took a moment of their time, to do likewise.

• Like 2

Come on guys, get off your arse.

Here we have a high ranking Polly/fellow pilot. who may not be in your State, but is doing his damndest to make things better.

I can't remember anyone else in his sort of position, who is on our side and making things actually happen.

For Christ sake take a minute of your time to give him a bit of support.

He is a rare find.

Send him an email and say "thank you" for his efforts.

It's the very least we can do. We so need more like him.

My computer is playing silly buggers at the moment, but he can be contacted through the link in Turbo's post No 1 above.

• Like 3

Yes, the Feds are spending money in some of the remote areas and this is good, too. But if you look at the places mentioned in the blurb, the only fuel available is Jet A1...no avgas or PULP.

We need to ensure that the 10,000 or so light aircraft in this country can use the facilities that we, the pilots of those aircraft are contributing to with our taxes.

Everyone of the ones the Victorian Govt has assisted has bulk fuel storage on airfield for us.

Kaz

• Agree 1