RV-12

rgmwa

Thanks Poteroo. Sounds like a plan. I once heard that Albany has just about more RV's per head of population than almost anywhere else on the planet. Seeing you have two, I guess that might be right. gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gifrgmwa

Last count we had 17 flying, 3 under construction, and a couple local pilots seriously considering purchasing.

There are also 4 RV's located at JT which are often down - owners have property here.

There are several in Esperance and 2 over in Boyup Brook.

We have 15 formation qualified RV pilots operating from here.

Albany also has 3 Grade 1 instructors who are formation and RV qualified.

Our longer term goal is a diamond 16 - best we've done so far is 10 in one formation.

happy days,

• Like 1

Those nine in your avatar look fairly tidy, a lot of trust happening there.

I wish. Cannot tell a lie - the avatar is one of the many US formation teams. Will use our local team when we reach a better standard. happy days,

• Like 1

That's great news rgmwa, after that, don't get under the lady's feet so she suggests you start another one.

Simply go flying and reap the rewards of all your hard work:plane:

So many start a build with good intentions of finishing, but it sounds like you've joined the elite club of finishing it.

Well done mate!

Thanks Planey. No danger of getting under the lady's feet because I'll be down at the hangar, and that's a cut lunch and water bag from where we live. I've really enjoyed building, and not least because of all the interesting and helpful people I've met in the process. That was something I hadn't expected when I started. Lots of people at work have taken an interest in it too. They can't believe that you can build an aircraft in your backyard, and I probably wouldn't have found this site either if I'd just opted for hiring aero club aircraft. We live in a small township on the outskirts of Perth, and I was going through the local IGA checkout once when the young girl behind the till, who I didn't know, said "... and how's the plane going?". You can't keep any secrets in a small community! There's a lot to be said for building your own plane, as long as you can avoid looking at your bank balance too often, and you don't show your wife the divorce papers that were supplied with the kit.

rgmwa.

• Like 1

Bexr, thanks for reviving this thread. I'd missed it as well.

rgmwa - beautiful looking aircraft, you have every reason to be very proud of it.

I guess the payback will be the first flight in an aircraft you built yourself.

Potrero - a few aircraft are planning to fly from YCNK to YABA for the WWI commemoration on 1 November. Looking forward to the trip and meeting a few RecFlyers in the West.

Don

• Like 1

Bexr, thanks for reviving this thread. I'd missed it as well.rgmwa - beautiful looking aircraft, you have every reason to be very proud of it.

I guess the payback will be the first flight in an aircraft you built yourself.

Potrero - a few aircraft are planning to fly from YCNK to YABA for the WWI commemoration on 1 November. Looking forward to the trip and meeting a few RecFlyers in the West.

Don

It's likely to be a very busy CTAF during that week. Almost certainly will be a NOTAM on procedures. Reportedly we'll have 16 RAAF here, plus quite a few RPT F50 and F100 will be operating. Note that we now have AWIS available on 122.125 - 1 second press on mic to activate. BYO tiedown ropes - there are permanent steel cables on the GA parking area. cheers,