Brumby 600 or Tecnam sierra?

It's for a new 4" angle grinder, should retail for $15.99, should be in Supercheap stores soon.

what is the point of a patent anyway? in a country willing to blatantly rip off american and russian defence designs, foreign companies like nike or bmw...i dont get it?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the point of a patent anyway? in a country willing to blatantly rip off american and russian defence designs,

Don't go quoting military stuff, they have all been stealing off each others designs throughout history, America and Russia have Germany to thank for their modern stuff, as well as each other(!) (besides China and Russia co-operate) and if you want to get down to it, China invented the foundation for all modern arms, gunpowder and the gun.

, foreign companies like nike or bmw...i dont get it?

Neither do they, these companies don't know the process of Chinese law or Chinese business culture. I keep saying it, they come here with arrogance and get the asses kicked, Americans "It should all be done our way Gad Damn It!" especially.

Another issue for someone like Nike is the shear volume of back street shoe factories copying, the Police do their work and do close them down but there's only so many hours to be committed and in Nike's case it's for a Country who keeps antagonizing China so why are they going to bend over backwards for them?

Next big problem is how many WeetBix Chinese Lawyers there are, i.e. the bulk of them, next level is the amount of "Guanxi" Lawyers who do everything based on relationship and not knowledge, and lastly and hardest to find, are real dinky die Lawyers who know the letter of the Law and are clever enough to put up an argument in Court - get one of them and you'll be fine.

And then there's the Court system itself, a whole other story, my Lawyer goes to IPR cases in Lower Court armed with the appeal for Middle Court if the case is in another Province. Lower Court Judges have the right to make determinations based on the good of the local community which is fine in theory but of course the local Defendant simply pays the local Judge off in reality to see it that way. Foreigners simply don't know that and lose in Lower Court and believe they have lost the case. Also they get local Lawyers to represent them, the same Lawyers who have to live in that society well after the case is gone and they will suffer for beating down their countrymen and supporting roundeye.

In other cases it's simple bigotry, Toyota, Honda, Chev, Hyundai all have a mid size car that if you squint you can not tell them apart but the moment a Chinese manufacturer makes something remotely similar it's screamed around the World as copying? WTF?

In other cases it's simple bigotry, Toyota, Honda, Chev, Hyundai all have a mid size car that if you squint you can not tell them apart but the moment a Chinese manufacturer makes something remotely similar it's screamed around the World as copying? WTF?

ive only seen china knock off unlicensed cars, very dangerous knock offs to

not a mini must be a bigot?

obviously not a skyline gtr.....the chinese made them first they are the gtk!!!

not a h2 but a bigdung

what is a ford? ford stole chinese technology! even the badge design!

china is suing mercedes for this outrage

ive only seen china knock off unlicensed cars, very dangerous knock offs to]

I wonder if you could help me to understand why in 10 years here I have never seen one of those on the road?

Oh and do you know what the World's safest car was in 2013? You got it, a 100% Chinese brand and built car ....

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/qoros-3-sedan-is-the-safest-car-of-2013-euro-ncap-says-video-74480.html

not a mini must be a bigot?

Well you can decide if it's bigotry or not, but you just supported the foundation of my argument. It is not a copy by any stretch of the imagination but it bears the similarities for a car company trying to catch a bit of the flavour of a successful car. If I remember correctly, it was the Holden Commodore that first used the Benz ribbed tail lights and they looked good. That's exactly what every main stream commecial car manufacturer does, 2006 Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Accent and Chev Cruse - can't tell them apart at 100 meters. the very latest 2015 Chev Cruze and Honda Civic rear ends I can not tell them apart without the aid of the nameplate.

Now go have a look at a Toyota Scion and a Hyundai Cube, make it easier for you, stick you head out the window and have a look at a Falcon and Commodore ... but no mention of copying there - again, only if they are Chinese are they accused of copying. The Commodore had a successful styling flavour and the Falcon didn't so Ford did the natural thing and steered their styling towards the car that was the more successful.

Got bad news for you too, the very latest Chinese offerings are starting to filter through now and all I can say is enjoy your moment while you can. Oh and enjoy your Camry/Commodore/Falcon made in China in a few years time - not gloating, very sad and rather peeved at the successive Oz Governments for letting it happen.

Blokes like you need to stop pointing fingers at other countries and starting pointing them at our own mess, I'd be happy if Australia was copying anything.

I wonder if you could help me to understand why in 10 years here I have never seen one of those on the road?Oh and do you know what the World's safest car was in 2013? You got it, a 100% Chinese brand and built car ....

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/qoros-3-sedan-is-the-safest-car-of-2013-euro-ncap-says-video-74480.html

Well you can decide if it's bigotry or not, but you just supported the foundation of my argument. It is not a copy by any stretch of the imagination but it bears the similarities for a car company trying to catch a bit of the flavour of a successful car. If I remember correctly, it was the Holden Commodore that first used the Benz ribbed tail lights and they looked good. That's exactly what every main stream commecial car manufacturer does, 2006 Honda Accord, Toyota Camry, Hyundai Accent and Chev Cruse - can't tell them apart at 100 meters. the very latest 2015 Chev Cruze and Honda Civic rear ends I can not tell them apart without the aid of the nameplate.

Now go have a look at a Toyota Scion and a Hyundai Cube, make it easier for you, stick you head out the window and have a look at a Falcon and Commodore ... but no mention of copying there - again, only if they are Chinese are they accused of copying. The Commodore had a successful styling flavour and the Falcon didn't so Ford did the natural thing and steered their styling towards the car that was the more successful.

Got bad news for you too, the very latest Chinese offerings are starting to filter through now and all I can say is enjoy your moment while you can. Oh and enjoy your Camry/Commodore/Falcon made in China in a few years time - not gloating, very sad and rather peeved at the successive Oz Governments for letting it happen.

Blokes like you need to stop pointing fingers at other countries and starting pointing them at our own mess, I'd be happy if Australia was copying anything.

commodore has been made in china since the VE in '06, hence its demise.

ive pulled down both the 3.6lt and the 6.0lt's (notorious for stretched timing chains, breaking lifters, blowing heads, shearing cranks) only to find barcodes reading "GM Shanghai"

the commodore was a decent car until it outsourced to china and died.

Sounds good. What's the TBO?rgmwa

Bit less than a J engine, 40hrs and it's going to need a rebuild.

Oh no did that come out aloud?? sorry.

Might calm the acro and he can take a Bex and they might stop the cold war from starting lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Caution 1

Well surely we have the decorum to self moderate maybe we could get back to the topic. Seems they are both nice planes with maybe slightly different aims.

Aeroplanes? Is that what this thread is about?

rgmwa

• Caution 1

Fuel capacity is a bit low on the Sonex and the manufacturer used to be dead set against any "non-standard" engine. Otherwise they look good.

60 ltrs, some examples of the 3300 engined a/c have fitted auxiliary tanks to increase the fuel margin. (in wings and behind seat)

They weren't really designed as a cross country tourer, but people have flown them all over Australia and the US.

The limiting factor for engines has been the installed weight, has to be less than 91KG or 200lbs.

However there are examples successfully flying with Rotax 100hp and Corvair 120hp,

but as you alluded they tend to be orphans when it comes to Factory support... and they insist its called something other than a Sonex on the rego.