Congratulations & Thanks Andy & Michael

DonRamsay

It does help to be able to 'talk the talk' so to speak, and I feel have already been quite helpfull to some in those areas.........Maj.......

Congrats from me, too, guys. Very well done. We clearly now have a board which can get things done, a President who understands and performs in the role, and a GM who will manage the day to day.

Maj, I met a group of your supporters from the Whitsundays yesterday. Ian, Rogin and crews who spent the night at Curtin Springs in the NT. A Savannah, a Kitfox, a hybrid and another that I can't recall. They have been all over the place in Qld, NT and WA and are making their way home across the Simpson. Amazing group of RAA flyers! I bet they have some great photos.

I am back in Alice tonight and have decided to head home to Victoria as I am still suffering the lingering after effects of a Bad dose of the 'flu. Mataranka and the Gulf will have to wait for another time.

Kaz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard
Congrats from me, too, guys. Very well done. We clearly now have a board which can get things done, a President who understands and performs in the role, and a GM who will manage the day to day.Maj, I met a group of your supporters from the Whitsundays yesterday. Ian, Rogin and crews who spent the night at Curtin Springs in the NT. A Savannah, a Kitfox, a hybrid and another that I can't recall. They have been all over the place in Qld, NT and WA and are making their way home across the Simpson. Amazing group of RAA flyers! I bet they have some great photos.

I am back in Alice tonight and have decided to head home to Victoria as I am still suffering the lingering after effects of a Bad dose of the 'flu. Mataranka and the Gulf will have to wait for another time.

Kaz

Great that you met the gang Kaz......I did part of the trip with them into western Qld, but couldn't 't do the lot. Yes they are a very infectious mob around the Whitsuday area that's for sure !....which is why Ian and Julie's Heathrow is a regular destination for me......Photo...1st stop and hookup at Bowen River Hotel..........Cheers. Maj.........

image.jpg.e6f6bcd3a38bcaf9a165370d6827f039.jpg

The Magazine is the major means for RA-Aus Board and Managers to communicate directly with pilots, instructors and maintainers. And most on here have said that they want to know more not less.With the popularity of iPads and the like an electronic version would be well received. However, it would have to be one or the other. To add an electronic version and keep the print version would add some costs. If you reduced the print version by making it optional the savings at the margin would be, well, marginal.

Alternating print and ezine versions month about could well be an acceptable cost saving without damaging communication.

There is no doubt in my mind that all magazines will over the next few years go electronic. The trend is well established in the market with all Mag sales on the decline.

Personally I, and a I suspect most on here, would be more than happy with an electronic version with the opportunity for the addition of video. Better to hear the President's report than read a column?

There are three 'microlight*' organisations as they persist in calling them in Enzed-speak. One of them, the Recreational Aircraft Association of New Zealand (RAANZ) has had online-only versions of their magazines for about a decade. If people don't like it, they can cancel their membership with the RAANZ and join one of the other two organisations. Here is a link to their website. If you scroll down the left hand side, click on the Rec Pilot Ezine and you can download any of their publications since 2005.

http://raanz.org.nz/wiki/pmwiki.php

I understand that those pilots who don't like on-line reading, simply download the publication and print it out. Approximately half the cost, allegedly, in these magazines is postage. So, a bit of local printing by RA-Aus members in their homes keeps the membership fees at a reasonable level.

*'microlight' aircraft in NZ have a maximum weight of 600 kg just like RA-Aus planes.