Saturday night over Sydney.

Hey folks.

I think I have asked before, but here goes again.

Last night I was in bed at 21:30.

I could just make out the noise from the city, when a BIG helicopter came into range.

It buzzed around and went away, but not out of range of hearing it.

This went on for about half an hour.

I got up and checked with radar but there wasn't anything flying - with an ADSB anyway.

Eventually it went away but I was wondering what it was doing.

It wasn't over a specific suburb looking for someone/thing and not following a stolen car.

From what I could make out, it was anywhere from Sydenham to Leichhardt to Burwood.

I heard it too while outside having a smoke and feeding the mosquito's, i'm in Earlwood, not far away.

Periodically, I hear what sounds like a fairly small twin aircraft flying back and forth at a reasonable altitude maybe 10,000ft for maybe an hour or so, quite often late at night, but sometimes during the day.

I've not been able to locate it on Flightradar24 and wonder whether it is being used to check radar or something similar, as it certainly doesn't seem to be flying A to B.

Any ideas what the purpose of the flight is?

I heard it too while outside having a smoke and feeding the mosquito's, i'm in Earlwood, not far away.Periodically, I hear what sounds like a fairly small twin aircraft flying back and forth at a reasonable altitude maybe 10,000ft for maybe an hour or so, quite often late at night, but sometimes during the day.

I've not been able to locate it on Flightradar24 and wonder whether it is being used to check radar or something similar, as it certainly doesn't seem to be flying A to B.

That will probably stop happening now that the CSG exploration licenses have been bought back by the govt. I bet the surveys were flying at night so they didn't raise attention with the plebs!

I heard it too while outside having a smoke and feeding the mosquito's, i'm in Earlwood, not far away.Periodically, I hear what sounds like a fairly small twin aircraft flying back and forth at a reasonable altitude maybe 10,000ft for maybe an hour or so, quite often late at night, but sometimes during the day.

10,000!!??

Not 1000?

Gee you must have good ears!

10,000!!??Not 1000?

Gee you must have good ears!

Maybe not 10,000 feet, but certainly flying high.

The new battery in the hearing-aid simply works wonders, but so does the old one when the girl friend is in a cranky mood, I have been known to swap them for a peaceful life. 007_rofl.gif.8af89c0b42f3963e93a968664723a160.gif(only kidding)

just in case...

Great looking flying helmets, must have been on a Schoie's final clear-out sale.

They never sold accessories like that when I was a member, so I missed out:insane:.

Ex- Member 139

• Like 1