Legend

cscotthendry

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birdseye:

OK, it took me a while (who you callin' slow?) but I got it. I thought about doing radio calls Leg End xxxx.

On that note, I wonder at some of the aircraft names that some manufacturers give their planes. At the risk of offending some Pipistrel owners.. Seriously? Virus? I just imagine the radio call "Brisbane center Disease xxxx request status of Amberley airspace" ??? And the other one Sinus? What were they thinking?

One of my friends has a Citabria with her partner.

He has a full PPL with navs and CTA endorsements. She has one with navs but without CTA and has been told by CASA it will disappear when she does her next AFR under Part 62 to become an RPL

This means my friend will lose the ability to pilot an aircraft with more than 4 seats (clearly not the Citabria) so she has decided to do the CTA endorsement for her AFR and thereby retain her PPL

If she does a trip into Essendon that will cover her for both C and D airspace.

But what it means is that her existing licence is actually downgraded in the transition to Part 62 absent further testing of her. Raises an interesting question regarding eligibility for compensation on just terms for acquisition of her "property" under the Constitution...perhaps the Commonwealth ought waive the fee for the endorsement?

Kaz

• Like 1

This means my friend will lose the ability to pilot an aircraft with more than 4 seats (clearly not the Citabria) so she has decided to do the CTA endorsement for her AFR and thereby retain her PPL....

Raises an interesting question regarding eligibility for compensation on just terms for acquisition of her "property" under the Constitution...

Part61privileges.jpg.5f1a3ce9e744991203bb5117460bdb18.jpg

• 2 months later...
Guest Maj Millard

Yep 182 with the strut in the wrong place and a funny nose wheel ....wonder if it'll have the 182 whistle that they all have. Looks like we are going GA after all... Now a 180 or a 185 or even a 195 and we'd be talking !.......

You don't know the half of it....how many more sleeps? It is supposed to ship next Friday if all goes well. Then it will be on the water for HOW long? Then there's the CofA and registration process to go through. At this end it seems like forever, but I know that once I have it and start flying it, all this waiting will be soon forgotten.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Yep 182 with the strut in the wrong place and a funny nose wheel ....wonder if it'll have the 182 whistle that they all have. Looks like we are going GA after all... Now a 180 or a 185 or even a 195 and we'd be talking !.......

Ross:

I'll put in a request to Aeropilot for a tail dragger, just for you.

Rumor is they have a radio controlled one as well, but who cares if it goes OK and gives enjoyment. Plenty of replicas around.

It is actually radio controlled. My wife will be driving from the ground. Just as well that airplanes don't need to be parallel parked.

Edit: I should have said radio controlled from the right seat.

• Haha 2