Where to buy rivets?

Hi all,

Where can I buy AN470AD4-6 rivets in Melbourne?

I've done some silly thing while building my RV-12 and now I'm half a dozen rivets short.

Aircraft spruce has them really cheap but they charge $60 for delivery of $10 worth or rivets.

Best wishes,

Oleg

Oleg,

Ring QED Hardware on (02) 46551514 and ask Dave Dent to send you MS20470AD4-6 rivets. There are 1,566 of these rivets per pound, or 390 per 1/4 pound. If you only want a handful, he should give you a reasonable price and postage should only be about $1.40.

OME

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Hi all,Where can I buy AN470AD4-6 rivets in Melbourne?

I've done some silly thing while building my RV-12 and now I'm half a dozen rivets short.

Aircraft spruce has them really cheap but they charge $60 for delivery of $10 worth or rivets.

Best wishes,

Oleg

Hi Oleg,

If you PM me your postal address I can stick half a dozen in the mail for you.

Cheers, Marty

• Like 1

Hi Marty,

Thank you for the offer.

I just called QED Hardware and ordered 1/4 pound of the rivets. Just in case. That should keep me going for a while :)

Hopefully will get them by the weekend.

I just called QED Hardware and ordered 1/4 pound of the rivets. Just in case. That should keep me going for a while :)

Hopefully will get them by the weekend.

Olegusan,

Rodney should get them into the mail this afternoon and you'll be having a bucking great time this weekend. Don't lose QED's phone number. They are a good source of hardware.

Have you got your copy of OME's Blue Bible of hardware?

OME

• Informative 1

OME's Blue Bible of Hardware is a reference book which enables the user to identify hardware used in airplanes by its AN, MS or NAS identifier code so that the user can confidently order the items of hardware required with the confident expectation that the supplier will return the correct items.

It is invaluable if the user is not experienced in using the Imperial measurement system based on the inch as a unit of length.

If you want a copy, PM me with your name and postal address. I'm asking $5 for the CD to cover the costs of the disk and postage.

I also include a copy of AC43.13 1B and 2B plus my tutorial on tying the Modified Seine Knot.

OME