Books wanted

Deskpilot

I'm in need of a Thruster(T83/84) handbook, if suck a thing exists, also a Rotax 503 workshop manual, installation guide, what have you. Photo Copies will suffice as long as they're readable.

Cheers.

No one got anything? Hard to believe as there are many Thrusters still flying. I've searched the internet but can't find anything useful.

A hand drawn sketch of the wiring diagram (Rotax 503, single ignition) will suffice as a starting point. Mine's got an 8 pin connector on it. Obvious connections are ignition and rev counter output, but what are the others? CHT leads are separate coming off the cylinder heads.

I want to start over-hauling my engine but am reluctant to start without some form of guidance. Surely some-one has something to help me. Eagerly awaiting a reply.

No one got anything? Hard to believe as there are many Thrusters still flying. I've searched the internet but can't find anything useful.A hand drawn sketch of the wiring diagram (Rotax 503, single ignition) will suffice as a starting point. Mine's got an 8 pin connector on it. Obvious connections are ignition and rev counter output, but what are the others? CHT leads are separate coming off the cylinder heads.

I want to start over-hauling my engine but am reluctant to start without some form of guidance. Surely some-one has something to help me. Eagerly awaiting a reply.

Califorina Power Systems price and parts book has a lot of detailed early Rotax information in its back section. Maybe on thier webb site. If not maybe wor4th sourcing a copy; some one on this site may ahave a spare copy???? I'll dig my copy out tonight and have a look. I recall it being a lot of 2 stroke info. I had a 4 stroke so did not read it to much.

Cheers

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
How'd you go on that manual

Been a delay as my router went done. Optus techies on line couldn't fix the problem but did send me 3, yes 3, replacement routers. First one I tried had the same fault. After a weeks trying to fix the problem, I paid out for my own techie and a TP-Link router. System up and going in 15 minutes. Router *3 arrived four days later. Now in the process of getting my costs back from Optus, plus a months free interrnet.

I had tried contacting Kay prior to the problem but she appears to have changed her email address. Had her phone number but lost it somewhere.

Thanks for your other suggestions guys, I will follow them up. No work being done on the ol' bird at the moment as I sliced the side of my finger off whilst chopping onions for a steak sandwich. Never found the bit I cut off but the sandwich was delicious. It had that undefinable difference to its taste ;-)

I cut the tip off on of my fingers once using a large knife to bang frozen sausages into chunks for a curried sausage stew. Just before it happened I joked to the kids about lopping off finger and not finding it in the stew.

I have a manual here for a t300/t500 type thruster and could possibly post a copy of your desperate.

Ps... Never found the bit I chopped off

I have a manual here for a t300/t500 type thruster and could possibly post a copy of your desperate.

Thanks for the offer Pete but I don't think it would be worth your time and effort. Too many differences.