Hi, interested passenger here

Kezza

Hi,

My husband has just bought a plane (A32 Vixxen) and I plan to be in the right seat often. Possibly interested in learning how to land a plane, but mostly interested in photographing the landscape.

Cheers,

Kerry

• Like 2

Kerry, good idea to learn how to land and possibly save your life, and your husbands if he's still alive. But why stop at learning just how to land the thing, go the whole hog and get your own certificate to fly. You won't regret it, well, apart from the pain in the hip pocket.

I believe there is a program where partners can learn enough to land a plane if their pilot partner has something go wrong. This program was created so that the passenger can be trained by an instructor rather than the partner.

I believe there is a program where partners can learn enough to land a plane if their pilot partner has something go wrong. This program was created so that the passenger can be trained by an instructor rather than the partner.

Although quite some years ago yes I am sure I remember it being available at Jandakot when I was there. Definitely a good idea if its available I think in some way a regular passenger like a spouse should have a fall back plan.

My wife did the Pilot Partners course at Jandakot when she worked for RACWA, probably about 8 years ago now. I hadn't even thought about flying at that stage, but she felt that doing it would give her better insight into her job. It was a weekend course, cost about $750 from memory. She has a log book somewhere with about 4 hours dual instruction recorded. Could even be a bit more. I don't think the course has been run for a long time, but worth calling RACWA to find out. She got a lot out of it at the time, but like everything, the skills and knowledge gained are soon forgotten without ongoing practice.

rgmwa

Hi,My husband has just bought a plane (A32 Vixxen) and I plan to be in the right seat often. Possibly interested in learning how to land a plane, but mostly interested in photographing the landscape.

Cheers,

Kerry

Hi and welcome Kerry!Yes, good idea learning some flying skills. I will also put my 2c worth in and say, go for it, as far as learning to fly and getting your certificate. If your hubby's plane is factory built, which I'd say it is, and L2 maintained, then it is good to use for flight training. The good news for you is that you only have to utilize the services of an instructor, saving you heaps of cash.

Cheers,

Tony

Wow Kezza you one lucky girl - the Foxbat Vixxen is a hell of a beautiful aircraft! My wife won't take on the back seat of my Drifter (for some reason) but would jump at the chance of a fly in a Vixxen...

And if you do manage to keep your hands on your lap in that lil' puppy you are missing out on some top class fun - I agree with the other folk here about the landing skill - might just save both your lives one day.

Enjoy slipping the surly bonds and welcome to the forum

Dave T aka Boleropilot aka Cropduster Dave