STOL comp winner!

JG3

I hear that the winner of the recent STOL competition at Lismore was a Savannah!

Against all those tail draggers with huge special wheels.

Irony is that the prize was a fancy tailwheel, after he'd just demonstrated that he didn't need one!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What you need to know, JG, is that in this friendly comp, the winner was not necessarily the one who landed and took off the shortest, but the pilot who demonstrated good solid, consistent skill.

I have nothing against the good old Sav, but this one was about the young fella piloting, not the aircraft. Love that he won a tailwheel though.......

• Like 1

Tailwheels do do some funny thing, like shimmy, but so can nosewheels with much more serious consequences.. Have the best set up tailwheel you can find. Why not ifit's available?  Nev

• 8 months later...

I hear that the winner of the recent STOL competition at Lismore was a Savannah!

Against all those tail draggers with huge special wheels.

Irony is that the prize was a fancy tailwheel, after he'd just demonstrated that he didn't need one!

Hi JG3: do you happen to remember if the aircraft used in the STOL competition was a Savannah classic -with slats-, a Savannah VG, a Savannah XL or a Savannah S?

Hi JG3: do you happen to remember if the aircraft used in the STOL competition was a Savannah classic -with slats-, a Savannah VG, a Savannah XL or a Savannah S?

It's a VG.