Off Topic forums closed for 24hrs

Admin

If anyone gives them a hard time about being such a small country, they can always point out that it's 7,000 klm. from one side of the Netherlands to the other. Just a lot of ocean in between that they don't own.

Buggah! Must have either had too much to drinkl, or had multiple tabs open. Given I had nothing to drink last night (a rarity for me, but, the medical is coming up so taking a breather), I guess I started posting in the wrong tab. The above was supposed to go into the Voice is not good enough thread. I will copy it there.. Sorry!

Hmmm.. Maybe the problem was I didn't have anything to drink.. dehydrated! ;-)

I have been looking through the IPS update that was shown on their site the other day and there are some great new features in it that will soon come to Social Australia (.com.au), the off topic site

• Like 3

As an addition to the above comment on the amount of white space being a bit more glare on the eyes. It would probably be different for each viewer depending on their device or monitor size. I use a 950mm x 550mm TV screen as a monitor, so it's more noticeable than on a laptop for instance. It's like when they brought out the crystalbrite laptop screens. It was hard on the eyes initially, but after a while, you don't even notice it.

Any chance of having a side menu and the post full width of a 16:9 screen format?

Egg Zachary.

Ken Oath.

So some of you prefer the same side column menu system and fluid width page display. There is a lot involved in whey I have currently set the display the way it is on Social Australia so i have recorded a video to explain the reasons why but note that it is my current view which is being evaluated and may change. If we stick with the way that Social Australia is then I may be changing it here as well. Interestingly I did a poll about the Fixed vs Fluid view here and out of the hundreds of users that come here every day only 2 people responded:

https://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/fixed-or-fluid-width.72497/

Here is my explanation: