How to post phone videos

Blueadventures

B-a, you find a free streaming video site and upload it to the site, then add the video link to your post here.

The free streaming sites have ads, and usually, your video is deleted after 90 days.

The alternative is a paid streaming site, which gives you a lot more options, but at a monthly fee cost which many prefer not to pay, when you're only wanting to share small videos that don't earn you anything. 

• Like 1

The recomendation is to upload it to YouTube and then add the YouTube link to your post or add it to the Video Section which enables you to add it wherever you like.

I can turn on the ability to upload it directly to here but the storage and hosting costs would increase dramatically and the CDN (Content Distribution Network) cache is limited to a 100mb. If I do enable video upload then I may see enormous video uploads being made...the thing is do I risk it???????????????????????

• Like 1

No, it,s easy & free to upload to youtube. You just need your own account which costs nothing & then create your own video channel. I`m not sure how much free space you get but it must be a few GB.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

How do you post a short length video (about 1 minute) recorded on an android phone onto the site?

Try and use the normal attachment process in a post...like adding an image to a post except select your video...let's see how that goes

This is what I use - it's free and doesn't come with all the associated Google tracking, branding and marking and overlays, pop-ups, come-ons, and website traffic siphoning, that YouTube indulges in. 

The whole aim of YouTube is to divert all traffic and eyes onto YouTube, away from other good sites. 

https://streamable.com/

The Free option on Streamable gives you 90 day video retention, Ad-supported playback, you can stream your videos in HD, and you get 500 MB or 10 min limit per video. 

Edited by onetrack