WAC Charts

Surely each individual chart is a World Aeronautical Chart, so they are all WAC Charts and a diagram showing the arrangement of all or a group of charts is not really a chart. But then i am being more pedantic than pedantic.

It shows you how the number  (identification) sequence works over a specific area of interest. Clarification is not pedantry. if I recall correctly it was in the context of how to order your charts. When you do manual amendments all that helps  and THAT was the situation with WACs.  Updates of NEW charts printed was not a frequent  occurrence. Mountains, rivers and coastlines don't move a lot. IF you are determining a LSALT for some route for which one doesn't exist (and they can be different in opposite directions ) you would need a WAC to plot it on. There may be digital means but the topographical information is what's needed, primarily. Nev

• Agree 1

ABSOLUTELY.. It's like you've been there already when you've done that. Particularly for circuit manoeuvering at an unfamiliar place. FLY the whole circuit by reference to the runway only other wise (unless it's got near hills or such hazards). Nev

I find initial circuit manoevering at an airstrip that  I have not been to (or maybe once before) the most difficult part of my beyond basic flying training.

I find that  :

1) managing the decent into , the correct height for an overfly midfield,

2) deciding which strip (if there are two), direction , finding the windsock amongst the clutter 

3) and the in joining circuit radio call when in circuit  

4) entering the circuit, being  square , and  having airstrip altitude in fore of mind.

5) at the right distance from the strip once established on downwind, 

6) dealing with such things like a tailwind on a base leg (shortening base leg and usually ending up high) 

7) and not forgetting the BUMFISH, etc

😎 and all of the above dealing with turbulence and bumps

A HUGE BRAIN JOB. I find it a big job, especially first go....

Edited by RFguy

Those WAC charts are the Same as nautical charts with the same " index " chart to find your relavent area.

BUT all the road charts ( maps ) are All out by about a metre, and are being adjusted as I type !.

spacesailor