Marty_d

Plane Resurrection

Marty_d

Just discovered this show on Netflix - worth a look!  

First episode shows the restoration of a P-51D, second (which I'm watching now) is about a Hurricane.

Tucano

Title ?

Marty_d
2 hours ago, Tucano said:

Title ?

"Plane Resurrection"  (same as thread title.)

johnm

good to see the planes but they should stick to the plane itself, there's enough subject matter there ....................... rather than waffling on that hitler had one leg shorter than the other (there's a lot of space filled up by archive footage) 

Marty_d
1 hour ago, johnm said:

good to see the planes but they should stick to the plane itself, there's enough subject matter there ....................... rather than waffling on that hitler had one leg shorter than the other (there's a lot of space filled up by archive footage) 

I've watched 4 or 5 now, they seem to concentrate on one bloke in particular - Hammond (the short rotund engineer).  He was the owner of the Mustang, he worked on the Hurricane, he did the Harvard that his daughter flies.  I reckon someone thought he'd make a good subject for a documentary but they've padded it out to a series.

old man emu

One of the first programs was about the building of a Fokker DR 111 from original plans. The build was done in England, and I think this is an English series. Although it is probably a bit technically light for the likes of us, it at least doesn't have the stupid aggressive interpersonal crap and the race to the deadline that American build/restoration shows have.

I always wish that these docos would spend more time inside the cockpit and/or passenger cabins, as well as some video shot from the pilot's seat during the flying of the planes.  

Marty_d
8 hours ago, old man emu said:

One of the first programs was about the building of a Fokker DR 111 from original plans. The build was done in England, and I think this is an English series. Although it is probably a bit technically light for the likes of us, it at least doesn't have the stupid aggressive interpersonal crap and the race to the deadline that American build/restoration shows have.

I always wish that these docos would spend more time inside the cockpit and/or passenger cabins, as well as some video shot from the pilot's seat during the flying of the planes.  

I thought the German doctor was funny.  Even bought his own title so he could be a Baron too.