ROTAX 912 Fuel Pump

IBob

15 hours ago, facthunter said:

All this amounts to "Houston, we have a problem". When every decent motorcycle is injected why use 2 crude carburettors on this motor?  The location is wrong from the  flow pulsing and heat. Inject and it's fixed.  Nev

I will always take carbies before EFI, because I can fix carbies easily:-) 

IF I emission tested many cars with over 100k on them many would probably fail too.  IF something meets standard at manufacture no matter what it is……those standards will never be kept for it life, hence California mandating trucks older than 2010 off their roads.  I can order a new UL aircraft engine with EFI or carbies on certain models, I know what I would buy.  People will say but what about your Rotax CDI modules, well Ironically I have spares of them, just like I carry spare new injector pump for my 1HZ Landcruisers……only because diesels can’t have a carby 🙂 

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

You can fix simple fuel injection too and it just doesn't have all the other problems. Carbs disappeared from cars etc because they couldn't keep to the standards  without lots of attention.  Nev

An operator near here had a 912iS efi aircraft, enough niggly problems they they chose carburetors when they upgraded their aircraft. The original aircraft later crashed due to loss of engine power.... 

It's hard to be conclusive about that example,. Aero injection can be very simple with limp home manual adjustment back up etc Backfiring a motor can have dire effects and with injection the amount of combustible fuel mix  in the manifolding is minimised. You can forget about carb ice and vapour lock. 912 operates with mogas further complicating vapour and quality issues.  You also can't really say the Rotax 912's are cheap to buy or work on. Nev

Entering frequency area...

BS on carbi's being problematic over efi... CV carbi's are the closest thing to mechanical fuel injection available; which i would choose over efi any hour of the day for reliability and safety... set and forget capability for any technician that has the hands on track experience is a non contested conversation. An SU carbi will not fail once tuned; the electric Lucas diaphragm pump will, but the carbi won't ever

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Your comment had nothing whatever to do with the points I made just preceding. I did NOT say Efi  Any float carby can flood. and Carb's can ice up.. Dashpots also can stick. A CV is not injection. It works  much the same as a venturi. On lowered pressure.   Nev

• Informative 1